• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

$16.00 clutch kit kicks butt.

Tork said:
byoffcr said:
Tork I was told it would not fit with reverse.

I dunno Terry, Kev is usually spot on with his info. I'll PM him, but he might be at the Muni ride. :D

Thanks Tork. I checked again today and was told no.. I have the spare gears and wanted to use them.. We have used them on the non reverse sleds and no problem.. Let me know what you find,, Thanks in advance.
Wont mesh with the other gears when shifting into reverse.. Other gears would have to be changed to be compatable. Makes sense.

For you guys using the 23T - did you notice much of an increase in RPMs when just cruising or trail riding? Was there much of a gas mileage hit?

I did not notice any milage loss and i would think the clutch would sense a slight amount less load and shift up to aprox same RPM. I think i paid $24 or $27 with my discount at local dealer and he ordered it from Micro Belmont. Kviper

Highmiler said:
Sled Dog said:
I would like to thank Ted and Turk for the awesome setup I have on my 05 Rx-1 man what a difference in low and midrange pull it is lifting the skis at 30 mph today. I put the white secondary on at 3 & 3 and like Turk suggested I put the O-P-O spring on the primary. This set up works guys and it works well one of the best mods I have added for the amount of money spent. I am reporting this from the ducks as we put on about 75 miles today.

Did you race anybody before or after setup? Any radar runs before or after setup? Or is this just a seat of the pants comparison? Don't want to harsh your gig, but this thread is 12 pages long and nobody has any race results to testify yet. Tested that spring in my 03 years ago and it made it slower, however I didn't have an o-p-o in the primary. Is that where all the difference is? Thanks.

This is seat of the pants experience but this sled is way snappier that I can gaurantee you. At 30 mph and stock it did not lift the skis off the ground ever and it does now. Try for yourself it does not cost much. ;)!

You can run the 40 tooth bottom gear with the reverse models (including Attaks) but you must use the 40 tooth designed for the reverse models (I'm thinking byoffcr has a 40 tooth off a non-reverse sled). The theory with running the 40 bottom vs. changing the top gear to a 23 is to reduce the chain angle and reduce chain friction. The downside to doing the 40 bottom with reverse is cost - the gear itself is around $140 and there is a bearing that goes inside the lower reverse style gears that sells for another $20. Doing the top gear is a simple $40 change. The part number for the 40 tooth bottom is 8FB-47580-00-00 and the bearing for it is 93317-33179-00. If anyone is interested in this give me a call as we discount some of these parts but I will be out till Monday as i am heading off to Muni tomorrow early am.

Port-Parts said:
You can run the 40 tooth bottom gear with the reverse models (including Attaks) but you must use the 40 tooth designed for the reverse models (I'm thinking byoffcr has a 40 tooth off a non-reverse sled). The theory with running the 40 bottom vs. changing the top gear to a 23 is to reduce the chain angle and reduce chain friction. The downside to doing the 40 bottom with reverse is cost - the gear itself is around $140 and there is a bearing that goes inside the lower reverse style gears that sells for another $20. Doing the top gear is a simple $40 change. The part number for the 40 tooth bottom is 8FB-47580-00-00 and the bearing for it is 93317-33179-00. If anyone is interested in this give me a call as we discount some of these parts but I will be out till Monday as i am heading off to Muni tomorrow early am.

Thanks Port-Parts. byoffcr

Back