• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1600 miles on Pilot Skis REPORT!!..part #s added

are the 6.9's made the same as the 5.7's except for being a little wider. Just wondering if they'd still be a good trail ski with just a little extra width for the soft stuff. I find the heavy front of my rtx could use a little help in the fluff.

I am picking up a set of pilot skis for my 98 XTC-P. Would anyone know what parts I would need to mount them to my sled? It came stock with plastic skis.

Thanks
Mike

justinator said:
are the 6.9's made the same as the 5.7's except for being a little wider. Just wondering if they'd still be a good trail ski with just a little extra width for the soft stuff. I find the heavy front of my rtx could use a little help in the fluff.
the 6.9's are an excellent trail ski,i took the 5.7's off 2 of my friends rt1000's as it is a heavy front end and put 6.9's on,and it helped in the powder and sloppy trail,the 6.9's work so good i will more than likely pick up a set for my nytro mtx.

I use to run WOODY duallies and if you start riding more or less AGRESIVE, forget about using them, they PUSH like mad in corners.

If you ride TOURING style their the best upgrade on stock skiis, but otherwise I wouldn't reccomend them for the average agressive rider.

I treid a set of DEUCE from stud Boy on my stock skiis and found them a lot better, more bite to them especially in loose stuff w/less darting(more than WOODY'S), but on hard packed WOW they bite but the steering effort is a LOT harder...I guess theirs nothing PERFECT!

All that to say that I really like the DEUCE'S on stock skiis without spending a whole lot $$$ on aftermarket skiis.

I really like the Deuce bars also, this comming season I'm matching them to a set of Mtn skies for better floation. They do get a little hard to steer when the trail gets firmed up.

Probably a dumb question but I am dumb when it comes to this stuff but does the fat end of the stopper (the rubber stopper that came with the Pilots) go towards the front or rear?

mchimera, yes taller(fat end of rubber goes forward).

for guys looking for prices, I bought my full kit (skis,4 runners,loops,nuts & bolts,rubber) from Pioneer Performance shipped for about $275.
IMG_2266.jpg

BA APEX said:
mchimera, yes taller(fat end of rubber goes forward).

for guys looking for prices, I bought my full kit (skis,4 runners,loops,nuts & bolts,rubber) from Pioneer Performance shipped for about $275.
IMG_2266.jpg

do you have a number for pioneer

skoalring11 said:
do you have a number for pioneer

That would be on the 4th floor right next to womens underware LOL

In the vendor area, below this section. Pioneer has their own section, you will find what you want there

:jump:

Back