• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1600 miles on Pilot Skis REPORT!!..part #s added

Tork said:
Part #s 07 PILOT ski $83.47 ea for the 5.7
part numbers for all ski colors click here

HANDLES $16.47 ea..the Full Moon is a great looking silver color
part numbers for all handle colors click here

6.9 ski colors and part numbers
http://www.ski-doo.com/en-US/Accessorie ... ionControl

Pilot Carbides, extreme, I think these are 6" inchers
860511200 1/2", 60° Pilot $129.97
4 inchers
860511300 1/2", 90° Pilot $109.97

You do not need the mount kit, The Yamaha bolt works fine.

you do need the stopper # 506151233 need one for each ski like $12.50 ea
mrance111 says trim them, I think they are better untrimmed myself

you can use 8 of the cool rivits to mount the handles but they are a bit difficult to press in (I used them) or you can get SS bolts from your hardware store...sorry no part number

ok just 1 question about these ski's insted of buying 2 ski's, loops, rubber blocks, and 4 carbides, wouldent this Upgrade kit they are selling work?

http://www.ski-doo.com/en-US/Accessorie ... 165&page=2

If it is the same as buying all the stuff seperate and its 1/2 the cost i think i will try to see if the dealer will swap out the skis in the kit for the 6.9's i would gladly pay a lil more for the wider skis giving me more flotation when you hit those feilds after a fresh foot of poder and dont care to eat more than you run over.

so can anyone give me any feed back as to weather or not that kit would work just the same as buying the parts seperate? (yes i know im a noob here, but i have searched alot and have found no info on the kit just people saying to buy the parts that to me looks like the kit includes).

I think you just made a worthy addition to the thread, if all the items in the pic are included. I cant find a parts list though. Shouldnt need the bushing and ski bolts to the spindle. Looks like you are limited with colors too.

Ok...this is for fitting Pilot skis onto 08 Nytro RTX

I bought the SD Pilot upgrade kit........limited color options but way cheaper than buying all the parts indiv. Dealer let me trade for different color ski loops as kits are black or yellow only.

I have the parts list that came with the kit if anyone is interested in specific #'s. It comes with everything. Although the bumper will not work with 08 Nytro spindle. Stopper with kit is # 505072018, it will work but needs to be cut down to 14/15mm thick and placed under the stock Nytro bump/stopper which aslo needs to be grooved a little.

and oh yah, I had to modify the spacers....remove .087" from each to attain same center distance between skis.

ps, if you milling or grinding the rubber stopper use water as cutting or cooling fluid.....makes life much easier and way less sticky.

(edit later).....use the stock Yam ski spindle bushing, its better quality that the SD part, you also have grind it to correct width for Pilot Ski.

cheers, BK

so im guessing its not the same stopper that comes in the hardware kit that other people claim fits but some of them shave a lil off the back for a flatter ski position...intresting. thx for the info though :) i think i'll try it and see how it all works out. if not i can always buy the other stoppers that people are saying work part # 506151233 prolly only like another $25-30. I do hope i can get the dealer to give me some kind of a deal on the 6.9's in that nice yellow/black blend. i think the will look sweet on my '08 Apex Rtx.

506151233 works great on the apex, and thought it was working for the FX guys as well.

So the kit plus 2 stoppers (add about $24) might be the way to do it.

Ok so i just put the pilot skis

together last night. You are saying the rubber mount with the kit will not work. Should i get the other rubber mount or not? Need an answer so i can get them ordered.

i think i'm going to go visit the dealer and see about ordering the mounts and if i dont end up needing them if i can bring them back for a full refund (not a refund - their 20% restocking fee)

ok here is what i have found out:

i went today to Ingles Performance in Phoenix NY and i talked to mike the owner and was told that the kit that doo has with all the stuf (skis, loops, nuts/bolts, blocks, and carbides) are currently not avaible. he said that they have tried to order that kit at least 6 times with no resaults. then he said what they have been doing is giving people the 2 hardware kits: http://www.ski-doo.com/en-US/Accessorie ... 800&page=2 and your choice of 5.7 ski colors and your choice of loop colors for $275 which is a good deal. if you were to price all the parts on their own your talking almost $400. the hardware kit does include the correct rubber blocks (506151233). my plan is to ride my stock skis/carbide for my first few rides this year in the crappier conditions and then change my skis to the piolets. i might also order a set of 4" tripple points for the center and save the 4" doo ones for the outside once 1 set is toasted. so after i get them installed in a few weeks i will post back and let everyone know how things went.

TTT, thinking about going 6.9 pilots. can anyone give me exactly what it takes to fit these to the 08 fx nytro mtx? seems some of this post is for multiple models. i am looking for info for mounting the 6.9's to the fx nytro.

kit available?

bottoms

loops,

carbides,

rubber bumpers,

hardware ect...

looking at getting the white and black swirl with white loops. ski

For those installing instead of removing material from the Pilot washers I reversed them much like the Yamaha stock skis are. Then to have spacing perfect I inserted a washer on each side between spindle and ski and it seemed to be perfect

This topic should get a sticky seeing it has the most info needed for pilot skis.

here is exactly what i did:

went to my Doo dealer and asked about getting the 5.7 pilot's and for $275 he let me choose my ski and loop color and gave me this kit: http://www.ski-doo.com/en-US/Accessorie ... 800&page=2 so 2 skis 2 loops and 2 kits for $275 i don't think is a bad deal. the kit includes the correct bumper. you don't even need the bolts that are in the kits i used the stock bolts cuz they match the other bolts on the sled. i also used the stock bolts that hold the loops on because i was not a fan of those pound in rivit things Doo supplies. the only thing you need to do to install these is to nock out one of the spacers in the ski and incert it backwards use the larger rubber block from the kit (the taller part facing forward) while the front of the sled is off the ground slide the bolt in as far as you can get it then put the sled back on the ground and have a friend lift the front of the ski until you are able to get the holes to fully line up and you can push the bolt the rest of the way through. tighten her down replace the cotter pin and you are good to go. here are a few pix of a sled with stock skis and my sled with the new pilots side by side.

EDIT: the pic says 1/2" ski saver i don't know what i was thinking lol it is actually the 3/8".

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 328
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    457.1 KB · Views: 271
AXR, Did the ski savers and Bergstroms eliminate your darting on these pilots? They look like 1/4", not 1/2" savers. The rod is a 1/2" host bar for the Bergstroms. I'm not happy with the darting with the pilots yet. I just received my single point Bergstroms and 3/8" ski savers and will give that a try.

Back