• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1600 miles on Pilot Skis REPORT!!..part #s added

oops lol i meant that i used the 3/8" ski saver i dont know what i was thinking lol. i didn't want to try the larger ones (1/2") because then i figgured the out side carbide would never have a chance of hitting the ground. i have 0 miles on the skis currently here in NY we have 100% no snow so i can't tell you how the darting is lol. but once we get some snow and i get out for a ride i will be sure to post back on how the darting was.

Hey axr. where did you get the ski savers an will they work with the doo carbides. My 5.7s dart some so waiting for info. from your setup.

the ski savers came with my carbides form scott bergstrum. i think you can prolly get just the ski savers if you want just give him a call and he should work something out with you here is his site http://www.bergstromskegs.com/ also yes they will work with the Doo carbides.

I think they are much better than stock.I have some darting when i let off the throttle
but I think I have to play with wight transfer because the #*$&@ gets a little wishy washie
also.
but Imo these really shine in twisty trails.my friend has a ski-doo o8 600 mx
and he has a hard time keeping up with me in the twisty trails.

Well after 1600 miles on my Pilot skis and at the request of SWISS SLEDDER i figured i would write a report on the 5.7 pilot skis!

I replaced the stock skis that had 8 inch carbides with the pilots in hopes that it would eliminate the darting and give the sled easier steering (it had steered like a dump druck)

I rode the first 360 miles in wyoming and another 240 miles around my house with the stock 4 inch carbides! The conditoins were hardpack in wyoming and the sled was perfect for those conditons... easier steering with a slight amount of push that was not uncontrollable... My buddies complained of darting on there sleds but i felt my sled darted very little and mainly at lower speeds under 30mph..(did not dart at all at higher speeds) These skis are definitly not the best ski for off trailing because you dont have a deep kneel and the sled doesnt want to turn. In this case you would want the pilot 6.9 skis!

After that trip i switched to 6 inch carbides in the middle to help the slight push i had in sharp corners!

Rode the remaining 1080 miles in the U.P. the conditions were always changing due to the fact that it was always snowing off and on! Some trails were torn up pretty bad in corners and others were hardpack!

In the hardpack these skis rail around the corners with the 6 inch carbides! In the soft floffy snow you actually can oversteer and the sled turns better than trying to allow the carbides to grab... (i think this could be due to the outside carbides bitting better when oversteering)

IMO... These skis and carbides are a great investment if you want easy steering and great cornering, they also seem to give you way less ski pop up and more control!

My buddy has a 02' polaris xc600 and wants a set for his sled! He would push threw corners badly while i was easily cruizing threw them with little effort or leaning!

FYI... I have 162 studs in my sled, Limiter strap is at OEM setting and weight transfer rod is set at MAX..

ENJOY...

Brian :rocks:
I have a 2015 RS Venture TF with the big 151 in track . I have ridden 05 to 08 RS Ventures for 15 years--I finally got my TF and have been so disappointed since that day due to sever darting. I did all the things that this site said to do--and am ready now to just crap can the skis and make the change. I do 99% of my riding in the UP and Northern WIs--hard packed trails. What do you think will work best for type of ski and carbide combination? Thanks a ton,

I have a 2015 RS Venture TF with the big 151 in track . I have ridden 05 to 08 RS Ventures for 15 years--I finally got my TF and have been so disappointed since that day due to sever darting. I did all the things that this site said to do--and am ready now to just crap can the skis and make the change. I do 99% of my riding in the UP and Northern WIs--hard packed trails. What do you think will work best for type of ski and carbide combination? Thanks a ton,
Have you used snowtrackers on stock skis?

Back