• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

160hp nytro?

I am all for NA power and I would love to have 165 HP as I will never turbo, it's just not for my riding style. But I think 155 HP would be alot more believable than 165 HP. I would like to see some actual dyno sheets.

Realistically I very much doubt you’ll see 160 hp out of a stock nytro with only engine work. Even if there was a magical combination that did bring the HP up to 160, that would be near sea level. With only ambient air getting pumped into the engine at elevation in the mountains would be disappointing hp IMO. Pumping air into the engine is where its at. If not Turbo, superchargers tend to be even cheaper. There are deals out there, just have to find them. They do cost more because they simply work.
I have yet to see actual engine work in a 4-stroke live up to big hp claims. Even Noss is not that easy to work with.

Dan

just to throw my 2 cents in. I've logged countless hours dyno tuning a stock Apex at about 200 feet above see level with the RB3. The very best I could get was 8 more HP. Take the lid off the airbox and re-tune and you'll see 12 to 15 HP. That's with everything bone stock. If you upgraded the exhaust I'm sure you'll see more. I would expect the Nytro to have similar gains. Beyond that I think a turbo is the next logical progression. But that's just my opinion.

So with an RB3 an Excell header and free flow muffler and some airbox mods add a few rpm say up to 9200 or so would a guy see 155 hp on the dyno out of the otherwise stock Nytro but more important to me is I want as much track speed as I can get.

Rx1M5

Rx1M5 said:
So with an RB3 an Excell header and free flow muffler and some airbox mods add a few rpm say up to 9200 or so would a guy see 155 hp on the dyno out of the otherwise stock Nytro but more important to me is I want as much track speed as I can get.

Rx1M5
Sounds like the formula to me.

Good job obr and RedBull , this is what good clean debate is! No name calling, or major slamming. Other sites could take a lesson from this thread!

LOL...no reason to call names just because one dissagree with each other...

seeing is beliving, and until we get the facts straight and see some real world dyno #'s and true mods, I'll stick to my own opinion...

NW Turbo

Just an FYI Red Bull, NW makes a great turbo kit that is reliable and very easy to install yourself and comes with a new Trail Tank for $5500.00. They are outta Montana.

$5500.00, thats good with a trail tank but ill have to wait a year or so until I can build a garage at the house, my 10X16 shed just don't cut it as a shop LOL..........Maybe by then prices will go down further, can always hope for the best. Once the Phazer is sold , ill buy the Nytro and get her all done and get some HP numbers, hoping by September ish :4STroke:

This is funny

I posted something like this in the Genral Nytro section and got the same response. I have a 121 track and have the following items on it to date.
clutch kit
gearing
header pipes
programmer (not a regulator)
silencer
K&N filter setup
I am picked 96 to date. Going to 144

They said that my claim of 151 was way out of line, and to go with a turbo on my 08 RTX. I am having some other motor work done next. Good luck with the turbo guys. They are die hards. Turbos are fun but expensive. Good money to power ratio. Depends what you are looking for. To each there own. Your money your sled. :rocks:

sheet could you PM me yoru K&N filter pod info...curious what you think of it and what it did for you in the goal to get to 160...

coming from 2smokes, I know they are VERY sensitive to changing air intake pressure, is that not the case with the 4's?

Just a thought here. The turbo for high altitude riding still maintans most of its hp. Natural looses about 3%/1000ft. Thats over 30hp on a 155hp natural engine. The big beinifeit for the turbo is at higher altitude if your there.

mtdream said:
OBR,

30 HP? our MTX'x come at 138 HP last I saw a stock dyno on it...not trying to quibble but when we are talking bolt on HP improvements, that 8 HP is a big deal...in two stroker world that is equal to twin pipes or something...

will be interesting to see some dynos with fuel mapping increases...like the RB3 and or Power COmmander...would imagine you could tune 10HP out of better fuel mapping alone, but then again, I did nto stay at a Holiday Inn Express...

and at 10,000 feet its maybe 90 hp!! and 75 hp to the track at best!
turbo is 230 + at 10,000 feet so maybe 200 to the track

I deal with Fundy all the time on quad stuff, some can argue his hp claims. I know what happens when we through a set of high comp pistons and cams in a quad motor. It's night and day difference, Im not talking seat of your pants either. If Ray builds us a kit for these engines it will be no less than 170 cshp. The cost for the 2 cyl. quad kit is $1500 (parts only). If these kits cost us 2 bills for 40 hp thats not to bad. It will happen, just talked to Ray today.

Ted

mtdream said:
sheet could you PM me yoru K&N filter pod info...curious what you think of it and what it did for you in the goal to get to 160...

coming from 2smokes, I know they are VERY sensitive to changing air intake pressure, is that not the case with the 4's?

I would be interested in the same info... if ya wanna share that is! :jump:

Back