• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

174x16x2.5 Track in a non turbo Nytro

wantler

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro MCX 240
My old track (174x15x2.5) is falling apart, I could get a 16" wide brand new for a good price! Does it make a difference, floating, side billing, less power...
thanks.

wantler said:
My old track (174x15x2.5) is falling apart, I could get a 16" wide brand new for a good price! Does it make a difference, floating, side billing, less power...
thanks.
Ok. not going with a 16" to much hussle to make it work!!
stick with the 15"!!
thanks

I dont realy know what hassle there realy is.
I run a 174x16x2.5 on my 2010 and it was just a matter of making sure the tunnel is clean from extruding revits where the track runs.
Plus making sure the track runs TRUE. But then you'ed want to do that anyways.

So is there a difference with the 16" one, flotation, side hilling...
so I can :o| myself for not doing it!

I installed a 174x16x2.5 on my 2008, bought a 16" wide kit from CR Racing as well as their drop brackets to make for a bit more room it was pretty strait forward and cheap plus it dropped some weight. I don't think it would make to much of a difference when you're talking sidehilling since your only adding half an inch to either side of the track, and as far as flotation goes with a 174 you've got about 64 inches of track on the ground so it's an extra 64 square inches to help hold you up in the deep stuff, theoretically only 7.5% extra float but every bit helps.

Back