• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

174x16x3" 3.0pitch track

wackmandoo

I ride a 2010 SE 162. I'm looking to put a new track under this fine machine and i'd like to know if a 3" lug will rub, if so are there options?

I'm using the sled for doubling Ski/Snowboard access to the vast backcountry around Haines. I like the "Tipped-up" rails and will be adding a 6" Hartman extension.

OFT racing has made extensions for Yamaha rails to 174 before and they even have custom 174 Yamaha Hyfax on the shelf ;)!

The 3" lug will either take sending the heat exchanger in for modification, There are a few people doing it now. I think Terra alps, Impulse and I'm sure others. The other option would be the VE radiator delete kit but it is a extremely unprofessional kit and I would not recommend it.

If it was me I would probably go 174x2.5x15 and save the headaches but thats just me.

Edit; BTW I am planning on doing a Hanes trip in May, we should hook up.

3" lugs will rub, you need to relocate the front cooler to fit the 3".
I just finished putting a 174x16x2.5 on my nytro and it is amazing, even doubling it stays right up on top... you will need to change out you rear drop brackets or modify the stockers and grind down some rivets and bolt heads in the front of the tunnel... gearing back would be a good idea too, I'm running 20/40 right now and it does not like it!

wackmandoo said:
I ride a 2010 SE 162. I'm looking to put a new track under this fine machine and i'd like to know if a 3" lug will rub, if so are there options?

I'm using the sled for doubling Ski/Snowboard access to the vast backcountry around Haines. I like the "Tipped-up" rails and will be adding a 6" Hartman extension.

The 3" will rub garranteed, you need todo the front cooler mod to make it work. The front cooler mod and extra cost on the 3" will easily run you an extra $700.
IMO, stick with a 2.5"x 174", you will find a HUGE improvement over the stock 2.24x162".
The 3" is suitable for extreme climber's seeking to put the highest mark on the mountian and your not because you would ditch the tip up rails as they impair climbing. The 2.5" is more then up to it.

wackmandoo said:
Thanks for the awesome advise!
I'm stoked to have found TTY4.
Good to have you on board.
You will find that a lot of the guys here will be able to answer more questions on your sled then the Dealer....At least thats my experience.

RG

Back