• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1999 Vmax Deluxe......Good deal?

I've got a line on a 1999 Yamaha Vmax 500 Deluxe with only 1720 miles on it for 2300.00. Is this a good deal? I have a 2007 Attak for myself and the Vmax would be for the wife. Was there any problems with this year or particular model. Thanks in advance.

Joe

I had a 99 500 deluxe, hence the name. I loved it other than I was too fat for it. As ussual swap out the junk stock track, and get some rebuildable viper shocks for it, and she will be in heaven. Maxdlx

The only thing with the yami 500s, they really ate gas.... the 600 tripple was IMO a much nicer engine all around......

I had a 99 Vmax 500 for my Wife Just sold it with 9946 miles on it. The sled was great.Much better ride than my viper`s.So I`d leave the shocks alone.
The 500 was a gas hog until I changed the jetting.
After that it was comparible to the triples.
2300.00 sounds kinda high

Thanks for all the info guys. The gas thing coupled with the age got me rethinking. I'm now looking at a 03 V-max 600. From everything I have read that's a great machine with better power and a better engine. Thanks again.

Joe

Too much money for the year and the machine you are getting. Not that it isn't a nice machine. $1750 wouldn't be a bad deal.

go with the 03 600, she will like it way better. Maxdlx

When Mamas happy everyones happy

1999 v-max deluxe

The price seems high, all the 2 cycle machines are very good. I would look for a 700 triple, gets the best gas mileage of them all. Just sold a 1998 700 deluxe with under 2000 miles and in excellent condition for $2200. I wouldn't worry so much about the year as how many miles are on :yam: :yam: the sled. From 1998 until they stopped selling them they were the same sled with different colors/graphics.

Thanks for all the input guys. We ended up with a 2003 V-max 600 deluxe with 660 miles for $2900.00, got lucky I guess, that's around $700.00 under book. The sled looks and runs like it's new. I actually think it's faster than my Attak, maybe not, but it sure feels that way, very very snappy engine. :Rockon:

Call me old fashion, but I like the flip up hood on the V-max much better than those crappy pins/panels on the Attak. What a pain to put the panels back on when it's cold and dark outside. I'm sure there are a lot of things riders would like changed on the Attak/Apex's, but the one I want is an end to those stupid d-rings. Thanks again.

Joe

Back