• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st 16 turbo / Engine Failure

This makes no sense to me. You are saying you have now blown up 3 motors? Mine has been running strong for 1400KMs. I have disconnected my EABC so I am restricted to 4.5lbs. Bob Apex is your EABC disconnected or disabled?

first motor blown second motor no oïl presure third motor blown all that with only 200km on sled and boost only at 4.5 Yamaha rep said i was good too go every this was good too go

Yamaha warranted 97 venture two years after my warranty ran out because the problem with my smart carbs was documented at the dealer.....that's warranty ....good warranty

via big bad phone

first motor blown second motor no oïl presure third motor blown all that with only 200km on sled and boost only at 4.5 Yamaha rep said i was good too go every this was good too go
Do you have boost and AFR gauges Bob?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
So is this the good motor? Couldn't find the build date.

Cannondale27 you should make a sticky that has a pic of old motor and a new motor. Then make it so no one can post on it. I just think that would be easier for the new 2016 guys so they don't have to read 20 pages to see what motor they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannondale27 you should make a sticky that has a pic of old motor and a new motor. Then make it so no one can post on it. I just think that would be easier for the new 2016 guys so they don't have to read 20 pages to see what motor they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did make whole thread a sticky but I agree question comes up alot. Will add the pics to first post in sticky and hopefully everyone will read first and last page.

Never mind, I see it now. I thought from the diagram pics posted in earlier threads that the new head was flat without that dip at all. Now I know

Last edited:

Back