• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st Ride Impressions

I put 30 miles on my 07 FX Phazer yesterday. There was about 8-10" of loose snow. I was impressed, even though there is a huge power difference between my Phazer and my former 06 Attak. The rider position, weight difference, big bump capability and handling more than make up for the reduced power (well - at least until I ride with 4Fighter, who has an Attak GT). When I first bought the Phazer I immediately started to have a big case of buyer's regret. Not anymore. :Rockon:

Felt the same way when it came to pick up my FX last fall, figured at the very least the wife would have a new sled if it fell short of my expectations. Of the 1100 mile put on it last year, it could only be removed from my finger tips for 15 or so. Absolutely a blast to rip with.

BTW, I've run down trail with the big bores playing cat and mouse...seeing their face after the beginners sled hands them their arze, priceless... :Rockon:

I can't wait to ride mine. We just got 10" of snow. I also just broke my right thumb, SUCKS BIG TIME.

Do these machines have burn out chips installed in them? I know that my buddies Fire Kitty did. It limited the power and rpm for 1000 kms before he had full jam. But then again it might of been shy on power due to the fact that its Kitty Litter. :4STroke:

it took 2 weeks to get over my regret. but with the price of fuel and 150 wild ponies rippin your arms out of socket. i didnt think id like it but now i just pin it to the bar and enjoy the casual pace shes capable of OVER GNARLY TERRAIN FAST

Ride it hard. My first ride was breaking trail Dec5th last year. Couldn't get on top of the snow and push through it without going 10g's. Never looked back. Changed oil at 500 miles or so and road it from day 1 like it was broke in. not running high rev's constantly, varying the rpms and running it. Like Mars says your not gonna hurt it. BTW Just got it back tonight from warranty steering and A New Fan!! I really didn't have a problem but I figured if I want one now is the time to reguest one. So they did the updates and the fan. No charge. I'm getting the overload block from High performance hopefully soon cause my big 150lbs but squats the sled more than I like, and will be adding the "urban Cammo" stickers I got from a dude on Hardcore soon. Pic's to follow. Just got the splint, tape off the broken pinky tonight too. Log splitter axident. Too bad about your thumb. At least it's not your right one.

Not to hijack this thread, but I put on 150 mile on my 07 FX in about 2 feet of snow. I have had all the recalls done, fan put on and I bought the accessory side panels over the summer. The front heat exchanger in the tunnel was plugged up all day with snow and that little fan was cooking away. Guess what no overheating anymore, the fan seems to be the trick to stop the sled from overheating in good snow conditions. Also with the side panels on, very little ice develops on the running board. Overheating and the excess ice were my main complaints last year, and now both have been solved so I am now even happier with the phazer.
IMG_1020.jpg

That's what it's all about! Yeah it doesn't have all the power of the big guys, but the phazer is just too much fun. On top of that I can ride all day and my back isn't killing me!

Trevor

The Phazer really did not feel that unstable or tippy, although it is not as planted as my Attak. However, stability really is a matter of properly shifting weight, which is easy to do on the Phazer because of the rider position. What a great sled!

I also put my first 40 KM on mine today . I really like it its a nice position standing and sitting . It has lots of power and pretty fast so far ( breaking it in the ol yamaha way had her WOT for a couple seconds and felt really good) . We only have about 20-25 cm here but good enough to get a first ride in on it and speed up the break-in . Hopefully we get more snow thats in the forecast and then put some more clicks on her !
Over all its a nice sled all around . may take a few runs to get use to the upright stance and maneuverability.
I have burnt a little over a quarter tank in 40 km . I hope this gets better with the break-in period.

Thanks Peter !

Give the sled a bit of time guys and this thing will come to life a bit more. I found that around the 1000 km mark this sled really livens up!
Still not the power house but good enough for me to serve #*$&@ on! LOL
I have just over 1400km on a 07 mountain Lite and love it!!

Back