• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2 dead cats!!!

cat hunter

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Hauled 2 dead Cats off the trail today.The first one was a older 580 but the next one was my buds 07 F8 Tony Stewart which he had told me 2 hrs.before that he would never drive a Yamaha.So it really hurt him to get towed home by my old Apex with almost 3 X the miles as his Cat!!! :jump:

ratatat

brand new

Attachments

• OOOPS.png
    OOOPS.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 155
It's like the old saying,
95% of the cats made between 1990 and 2000 are still on the trail today!

The rest made it home ;):D

Dan

Well mine hasn't left me stranded yet. But it has had to go back to the dealer twice in a week for electrical issues. Ruined two Saturday rides in a row. All last season it worked perfectly. This year I am having minor issues. Not ready to give up on it yet though. Still rides better than anything Yamaha currently offers. However if I have too many issues I'll be Blue again in 2014 if they come out with something good.

Dead Cat

Saw a dead cat with all the hair burned off on trail 8 between Pine Stump and Paradise. Could only tell it was a cat by the name on top of the engine.

Rode with two of the turbo cats yesterday. The one is averaging 300 miles to a belt. Completely unacceptable.

I just wish I could get on the trail so I could pull one home ! :tg: Any riding is better than no riding ! :o|

Mighty said:
Rode with two of the turbo cats yesterday. The one is averaging 300 miles to a belt. Completely unacceptable.

I think a lot of the Belt issues with them is user related. I have 1200KM on mine and the belt is like new. I here of guys going through 5 belts in 300 miles. Considering it takes 50-60 miles to just break one in and then realistically you should be warming up the belt a bit before you jam the throttle I put a lot of blame on the operator. Also a lot of the guys complaining are also the ones with the boost cranked up well over 200HP. No doubt there are some legitimate issues but not as many as there is appearing on the web.

Phazernut said:
Mighty said:

I think a lot of the Belt issues with them is user related. I have 1200KM on mine and the belt is like new. I here of guys going through 5 belts in 300 miles. Considering it takes 50-60 miles to just break one in and then realistically you should be warming up the belt a bit before you jam the throttle I put a lot of blame on the operator. Also a lot of the guys complaining are also the ones with the boost cranked up well over 200HP. No doubt there are some legitimate issues but not as many as there is appearing on the web.
You are probably right. The one that keeps blowing the belts does crank up his boost. I do question the weight reduction in those sleds in terms of long term durability. You should see the damage the blown belt did to the aluminum.

I never blew a belt on my RXI,Warrior or my Apex with has almost 15,000 miles on it .I've changed the belt a couple of times because I wanted to not because I had to .I remember in northern Quebec one time holding it to the pin for 8 miles on a lake with the dream meter stuck at 125 mph with 0 issues!!! :-o Sledded over to my chum with the broken F8 today and it is dealer bound tomorrow, it runs a bit flashes some codes and shuts down.He is a bit worried his dad has a F8 also and sunk almost 5 grand in a new motor last winter and was down for a month!!! :yam:

i blew 2 belts this weekend. one was a new one i leant to a buddy who blew his belt on A SKI-DOO, with no spare belt. then mine that had over 4000km on it. did i mention i had to tow my buddy to a gas station when he ran out of gas. on a SKI-DOO. the miserable tow of shame haha

Phazernut said:
Mighty said:

I think a lot of the Belt issues with them is user related. I have 1200KM on mine and the belt is like new. I here of guys going through 5 belts in 300 miles. Considering it takes 50-60 miles to just break one in and then realistically you should be warming up the belt a bit before you jam the throttle I put a lot of blame on the operator. Also a lot of the guys complaining are also the ones with the boost cranked up well over 200HP. No doubt there are some legitimate issues but not as many as there is appearing on the web.[/quo the fella that blew the belt with me is 73 years old , heck the wind blows faster than he rides.

Back