• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2004 RX Warrior starting and idling problem

Rice_Z24

Veteran
please help! my warrior seams to start no problem some times other times it will carnk over 10 times or so before it fires. i have took the cards off and cleaned all ports and jets. after in turns over 10 times or so it will finallly fire with no throttle and it will idle really rough for about 15 seconds the the dashlights will come on and it will smoothen out. It seems to me that this problem usually happens when the machine is warm. not sure what else to check

When warm, I press the throttle down about 1/4 of the way until the engine fires. If I try to start it w/o pressing the throttle, I can turn it over several times before it starts. Then it is a low idle for several seconds.

If you have a rough idle, all the time, you may need to clean the carbs again or better. Soak and rod out the Pilot Jets. Set the fuel screws to 2 turns out.

I attached a file on Carb Cleaning.

Attachments

• Carb Cleaning Tips and Procedure.pdf
    50 KB · Views: 203
Ok. I will try those suggestions And see what I come up with. When warm the machine idles around 1450-1500 rpm? Seems About right I think

Cleaning the carbs will get the idle to return consistently and quickly after a throttle blip. Syncing them will make the engine smoother as it idles. I would not sync until you know for sure you have clean carbs and have a consistent idle. Otherwise you will end up re-syncing after you clean the carbs.

Set the idle slightly over 1500 RPM and you will preclude a lot of reduction gear and clutch rattle.

I will clean the carbs again and set the fuel screws two turns out from bottom and set the idle. I'm sure all this will make a big difference. I will post later on and let you guys know how I made out. Thanks to everyone for all the help. This site is truely awesome!

They are NOT in under the bowl. They are located in the bottom of the Carb's output throat (i.e. just before where the Carb-to-Engine boot mounts.)

Back