• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2004 rx1 engine removal

Sjacob98723

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 Yamaha RX-1
new to the site , new to snowmobiles, I have an rx1 and I need to pull the engine, I have everything loose it moves around but I cannot get it out of the hole , what needs to be removed besides the stay or cover , exhaust ,motor mount bolts , hoses ,cables , wires , I’m hitting the water pump cover and the front right mount. please help novice at this .

new to the site , new to snowmobiles, I have an rx1 and I need to pull the engine, I have everything loose it moves around but I cannot get it out of the hole , what needs to be removed besides the stay or cover , exhaust ,motor mount bolts , hoses ,cables , wires , I’m hitting the water pump cover and the front right mount. please help novice at this .

Did you pull the main long bolts in the back of the motor that goes from the clutch side to the chain case side? Can you show a picture of what it looks like at this point? Do you remove the lower oil return line that goes thru the bulk head and the lower hoses on the motor?

Yes I have 3 motor mount bolts 2 shorter ones and 1 2 footer , engine is really loose just can’t get it out of the frame , I’ll get Picts in a couple hours

Yes I have 3 motor mount bolts 2 shorter ones and 1 2 footer , engine is really loose just can’t get it out of the frame , I’ll get Picts in a couple hours

Are you sure all the lines are off under it? Also on the mounts the threaded inserts might be holding it back. Each motor mount has one. Look close at the mounts. U should see what I’m talking about.

Pics won’t upload , pulling by hand have a lift but the engine just jams up in there yes all the hoses are disconnected , upload file to large for server error

Pics won’t upload , pulling by hand have a lift but the engine just jams up in there yes all the hoses are disconnected , upload file to large for server error

Your trying to upload with your phone. Install image app to reduce the images size. Smart phones are not so smart. Or use TapaTalk app for this forum.

Right I also did not realize the aluminum frame lifted off and I was tiring to get the motor out through it . First snowmobile I’ve ever messed with, no service manual either , the oil pump chain was broke that’s why I had to pull it I could not get the water pump cover off without the engine out , at least that’s what I though, I replaced the chain engine back in runs good , BUT I have a check engine light flashing 11 and now I’m stumped again , I have good oil pressure and it starts right up and has power , like not in limp mode but I gotta figure out the check engine light everything plugged in so I’m not sure what’s next , says something about a cylinder identification sensor in the middle of engine only sensor I see is something on the throttle , the I’m an outboard mechanic so I’m not completely ignorant, just new to me .

This was taken from the FAQ in the Apex General section of this forum.
Error11.JPG

Right I also did not realize the aluminum frame lifted off and I was tiring to get the motor out through it . First snowmobile I’ve ever messed with, no service manual either , the oil pump chain was broke that’s why I had to pull it I could not get the water pump cover off without the engine out , at least that’s what I though, I replaced the chain engine back in runs good , BUT I have a check engine light flashing 11 and now I’m stumped again , I have good oil pressure and it starts right up and has power , like not in limp mode but I gotta figure out the check engine light everything plugged in so I’m not sure what’s next , says something about a cylinder identification sensor in the middle of engine only sensor I see is something on the throttle , the I’m an outboard mechanic so I’m not completely ignorant, just new to me .

Lol. I thought u knew to take off the hoop. I would go thru and just double check the plugs on the harness to be sure they are all connected.

Back