• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RS VENTURE 40,000 MILE REPORT - UPDATE 3-19-2009

hondo said:
Hi Dave,

We have our very own and new "TY Mileage Fun Contest Section".
below the "TY Ride Section".

This is where all the mileage contest competitors are!

I won't be riding until Janaury again. Sled is getting overhauled. Then it's balls to the wall.

Have a great visit up here. My brother is putting his sled together after summer drag racing. He will be ready to go in January also. ;)!

Take care,
What are you having done to the sled? I would have figured you would have been up to thirty thousand by now!

Hondo I noticed that you mounted your back rest so that it is usefull.I also have an 05 Venture and would like to use my back rest .So far I have not figured out how to mount it and still have it usefull for two up riding .I wonder if you could post some pic,s of how you did it .

hi hondo i noticed your gauntlets in your photo's and would like to know what brand they are or where to get a set. my old ones wont fit around the handle bar gear.
thanks
iron jaw

Hello iron jaw,

The gaunlets are Choko. They come in different colors. I got mine from my dealer. They are around $35.00 US. Try Dennis Kirk or Shade Tree.

Hope this helps! ;)!

Hey good job on the review/report! Aldo I don't have a 4 cycle I love reading on how they are holding up.

Hondo,

I just want you to know that I'm patiently awaiting the 100,000 mile report...

Awesome, awesome awesome.

Excellent detail second to none!

Great job - I love how you leave it as fact and event without much personal feelings involved. It makes it very clear to read and I find it can speak louder this way than whining about it (which I tend to do)

Keep it up!

Hi Hondo,
We met at the Yamaha show in Albany, NY a few weeks ago and I'm impressed with your accomplishments and your Yamaha 4 stroke. I'm the guy that bought a leftover '05 Rage this January. I did, however, have some issues but my dealer has been very supportive and kept me running. As I told you, I had some overheating issues, but Yamaha installed a rear heat exchanger and it's been fine since. I also had a couple of broken rear axel wheels which Yamaha replaced, and most recently, it stopped ideling and again, Yamaha paid the dealer to disassemble/clean the carbs and resync. The problem went away and the sled starts better and runs 100%. I also made many suspension setting changes and finally have the sled riding/handling as I want it to. It now has 700 miles on it and I've installed the in line fuel shutoffs as you showed me, and put it away for the Summer. I enjoyed talking to you and want to thank you for sharing your thoughts/ideas. I'll never put on the miles you will, but it's nice to know the sled can go the distance.

Hello Frano,

It was a pleasure meeting you and sharing some thoughts. I'm glad to hear your sled is getting set up and are satisfied. Getting a leftover cleaned out (carbs and pilot valves) set up, and also learning the machine, will provide you many miles of reliable riding.

Don't know if you have been to my TY Mileage Contest thread but here it is just click on it below.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=48682

The Totallyamaha site has much to offer. Its a good place to visit from time-to-time, especially when you do have any issues or questions about your sled.

All the best! ;)!

It's Official

I am the new Guinness 60 day Snowmobile Journey World Record Holder... 12,163 miles. ;)!

I received the Letter and Certificate today.

Now I need to write a letter to Guinness and have them send me another certificate and letter with my last name spelled correctly!!! :o|

In the citation, I will also request that they include the snowmobile: 2005 Yamaha RS Venture. ;)!

Also they need to update their website with the new information and also give me credit in the new adjudicated records section.

Having said all that; I have the paper!

Thanks to all that followed along and provided support.

Yamaha too, has a new World Record!!! ;)! ;)! ;)!

Certificateandletter.jpg

Back