• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RS VENTURE 40,000 MILE REPORT - UPDATE 3-19-2009

Good catch AKrider,

I recently found out from my mechanic that my cam chain tensioner was replaced at 22,000 plus miles when the valve train check was performed.

I was never told.

I'll add that to text. ;)!

Almost an unbelievable story!!!!!

But you documented it so great that this is an amazing story.

Congrats to and Yamaha.

By the way I have an 05' Subaru that I bought in April 05', well it just passed 40,000 last night!!!!!

Marginal Snow Idler Wheel Kit

Congrats Hondo on all your great work, it really is appreciated!!

I am getting ready to do the idler wheel upgrades to my '05 RS Venture and have a question about 9 1/2" placement of the marginal snow wheel kit. Is this the "ideal" position for these wheels ? I thought I better double check with you before I start drilling. My complaint is more about the track howl since I don't really ride enough for hyfax wear to be an issue.

Thanks again,

Toy

P.S. For anyone interested, I was able to order the Kimpex 04-0531-20 idlers to replace the stock yamaha ones. These are listed as 5.350" OD with a 6205 bearing and are on page 306 of the Kimpex 2011 Snowmobile online catalog.

Hondo is not on here anymore, sad but true.

where can we find his reviews now?

try on facebook or some other regional site in his area.

Back