• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RS VENTURE 40,000 MILE REPORT - UPDATE 3-19-2009

Well done Hondo. Always a pleasure reading your posts. I did little under 100 miles today. Thought it was one of my last rides, but they're announcing up to 7 inches by tommorrow night. You may have to wait a little longer before you put your baby to bed.

Great report, thanks for sharing :)

Thanks Rxrider,

How much are you paying for gas now?

Are you still riding in Northern Norway?

I have fond memories of Finnmark... ;)!

hondo - Gas prices are rising like crazy. We are now paying $7.22USD for a gallon of regular and $7.37USD for premium.

We still have 14 days left until trails are closing down. Riding is now limited to the mountain trails as there is no snow left at sealevel and rivers are getting dangerous to ride at. Me, wife and kids are going out this weekend with the 2005 RX-1. I hope to get a few more rides with the turbo when there is still snow.

Two friends of mine was in the alpine this evening, they reported good riding conditions. Weather forecast is saying low 40F/10C from the end of the weekend, for once I hope the weathergirls are wrong LOL.

EDIT: Our government which gains more than 100 billion NOK over budget caused by rising oil prices worldwide are still not willing to lower taxes on gas £@€#¤" :-(

Rxrider,

:die Gas is out of control. In Northern Maine we are complaining of $3.11 USD / gallon.

You guys are really taking a beating.

Ride a Norwegian mile for me when you get a chance. :D

Good to hear from you and all the best! ;)!

Thanks hondo I'll ride that mil tomorrow afternoon. One Norwegian mil is 10 kms or 6.2 miles, I'll make a lot of those mils for you.

:) I wish you and your family a great summer. Have fun.

rxrider

Can't say I blame you Maddog, expecially something so stupid like idled wheels, studded or not, they know the wheels are defected,Yamaha should of just replaced them..We will see if Ski Doo will be any better I have heard alot of horror storied about warrenty issues with there sleds, expecially motor issues...Thanks for the update ....

I am trying to decide whether or not to buy a 2005 Venture TF. I took it for a trial run today and the track howl is very annoying. I have read many of the posts on this site regarding oversize wheels and noticed that two different Kimpex wheels are recommended by two knowledgeable people on this forum. One recommends 4116965 wheels and the other KX 411667 wheels. According to the Kimpex catalog the 4116965 wheels are 130mm diameter which I believe is the same size as stock. I read that I should get 135mm diameter wheels. Would someone please clarify which wheels I should get if I buy the Venture.

Thanks,

Lado

What you want is the oversized wheels. Whatever the part number is.

The answer is the oversized wheels is what makes the difference.

Hope this helps. ;)!

The model I am looking at is a 2005 Venture TF. It has two 152.4mm idler wheels with rubber on the outside edge and four plastic 130mm wheels. I spoke to some of my buddies who have the TF and they have not had any trouble with the hifax (we call them slides) wearing out prematurely. I would like to hear from people who have a lot of miles on the 2005 Venture TF. Is the hifax/slide wear an issue?

I am thinking about installing the SLP pads as a precaution. The sled I am trying has the marginal snow wheels installed.

As this would be my first four stroke, I would also like to hear what guys take in their bags in case of trouble. The obvious things are sparks plugs, belt, booster cables. I know some guys take power packs in case they have to boost the battery.

Lado

Lado,

I don't have any experience with Venture TF. I am told the suspension is different.

I would try to get a hold of "Aventure" or "Towing" both Canadian riders and TY members. They may be able to provide more information, or point you in the right direction to a Canada, RS Venture TF site.

Hope this helps. ;)!

All hail Hondo!

Keep up the excellent work, it speaks for itself and is in-disputable evidence that these sleds can go the distance.

I hope Yamaha recognizes your efforts. I would gladly right to them on your behalf. They should welcome you with open arms.

Mike C

Back