• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX-1 ER LE Performance Concern - Where to go from here?

RX-Dave

Expert
Well, first off, I am amazed at the broad power. After allot of suspension tuning, the thing is a blast to ride.

No, to performance. I ride mainly with (2) F7s and a ZR800. All 3 of those sleds are identical in performance, with the ZR8 having a slight top end advantage.

In a hole shot drag race, they all kill me out of the hole, but then I pull none on them.

On hard pack, we all are about the same, but I was expecting some top end advantage on them. I am seeing 112 on the Digital ( I know it is off) and the sled is stock, with 70 degrees of twist, machined helix and .050 shim under the helix towers.

What direction should I go? Thus far I want to run the airbox, but what should I do about clutching?

I am planing on getting a O/S/O Mountain spring and warrior secondary spring.

Did you mark the primary to see if your shifting out? I've never tried the shims yet but I think they were running the moutain primary spring for shift out . :rocks:

Due noted on the OSO spring. I am still showing about .200 of mark left on the primary, and that is after a long (approx 1 mile) run.

I am sure it is not the secondary, I cut .09" off the helix hub, and added the shims.

Using the OSO spring, do I need to change weights?

Re: 2005 RX-1 ER LE Performance Concern - Where to go from h

RX-Dave said:
I am seeing 112 on the Digital ( I know it is off) and the sled is stock, with 70 degrees of twist, machined helix and .050 shim under the helix towers.

What RPM are you hitting? You're sled is brand new, right? Are you hitting 10,300? Or something in the mid 9's?

Running 10.300 on the lake, but only 9800 on hard pack. I know it is low.

650 miles.

I have to belive that the majoraty of the break in has been completed

RX-Dave said:
650 miles.

Break in yes, but that engine will still continue to loosen :ORC

MightyWarrior said:
RX-Dave said:
650 miles.

Break in yes, but that engine will still continue to loosen :ORC

Maybe, but not enough to take it from 112 to 130 on the speedo. Something is not right. 10,300 is close to where you want to be, so it isn't there.

If you havent machined your stock split collars in your primary or machined the shievs, the belt will only go so high in the primary thus will only go so low in your secondary regardless of the mods your done. Youve addressed the secondary, but did you do the primary? I keep hearing all these wonder cures, but your only getting half the story on what needs to be done. Have someone machine the split collars on the fixed shieve of the primary so they are flush with bottom nuetral position of the shieve (lowest part of shieve where center bushing is). Ill take some pics this afternoon for you and post them...BBY

My guess is somethings wrong with your clutch setup.. Try setting it back to stock.. The zr800 should not be top ending ya..

Here is what I was refering to.

Attachments

• Split Collar.JPG
    Split Collar.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 271
I will take a closer look next week, as we are heading out Wednesday for L'Anse, MI for a long weekend of riding.

I am a machinist by trade, so I can do it, just needed to know what to do. Matt, if you can, I can't read the text in the photo, can you change the text to larger?

Also, my sled is a 05 Rx-1, and I can see the hyfax is taking a beating. I am wondering if the MonoRA is scrubbing off speed.

as far as the speedometer goes, there pretty accurate this year. i dont think you're gonna see 130's on speedo this year. i had runnin 112 and still going.....i backed off....i was on a road. anyway speedo was the same as zr900.

Back