• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX-1 ER LE Performance Concern - Where to go from here?

Bluebyou, I remember this conversation from a year ago regarding the thickness of the primary split collars. The stock shims were .080-.085 tick and the thinner ones available were expressed in how much thinner they were than stock (-.010, -.020, ect).

My problem is how do I split the primary once it's pulled from the sled? I don't have the equipment to pull it appart so I guess I could bring it to a dealer (so they can screw it up). Is there a "do it yourselfer method" of pulling that primary apart?

Frosty

goldbergrx1 said:
as far as the speedometer goes, there pretty accurate this year. i dont think you're gonna see 130's on speedo this year. i had runnin 112 and still going.....i backed off....i was on a road. anyway speedo was the same as zr900.

Mr sled has a 05 too.... he saw 129 on the dreammeter... it was 112-113 on radar..

Just a thought, my son had both my machines 02 Viper (144 studs)and 03 Shorty (192 studs)out a few nights ago and made the comment that the Viper seem to pull just as hard or harder out of the hole up to 80 or so. :(
I took a look at the RX-1 belt(original belt with 800 miles on it)) and it was down below the lip of the secondary about .06-.08 from what I could measure. So I put a new belt on and it moved up above the lip about 0.06, the Spec is 0.02 below to 0.06 above the edge.
What a difference in acceleration this little change made! :shock: The whole drive train changed in sound pitch and it goes like hell!!! It changed the drive ratio to something very sweet.
The old belt was still in spec width wise but still dropped to far into the secondary. Check your belt!
Good luck

Mike

After witnessing a drag race today, it reinforced what I already knew. Most trail performance sleds will beat an RX1. If you modify the RX1 till you win against a stock sled, you still lost. Get over it, live with it, and enjoy the best sled made.

Oh yeh, the race.

I talked with a couple gentelmen on the trail. One had an 05 RX1. One had a Rev, probably an 800. The Rev pulled right away. By the way Buddah, the Rev rider probably outweighed the skinny RX rider by 50#.

Oh yeh, the race.

I talked with a couple gentelmen on the trail. One had an 05 RX1. One had a Rev, probably an 800. The Rev pulled right away. By the way Buddah, the Rev rider probably outweighed the skinny RX rider by 50#.[/quote]

ok...........we know its not the fastest stock sled,however i guess each machine is its own animal.i had no problems pulling on a zr900/f7 with a stock rx1.........my srx never lost to a stock 800 doo, and mind you i'm 300lbs.........so i say "enjoy one of the fastest, best built sled to date, and ride with a smile.......................and without smelling.)" :Rockon: :4STroke:

goldberg,
I don't get it. Buddah says his weight is the reason his sled can't beat a bone stock sled, and everyone that's commented agrees. Please tell Buddah your secret so he can stop buying parts. You weigh more than him, and beat sleds much lighter than an RX1, and SRX. You are beating 700 and 900 sleds with a 600 class sled, even with the added weight. Attaboy

RX-Dave said:
Due noted on the OSO spring. I am still showing about .200 of mark left on the primary, and that is after a long (approx 1 mile) run.

I am sure it is not the secondary, I cut .09" off the helix hub, and added the shims.

Using the OSO spring, do I need to change weights?

.200" is about right. I have learned that the reason Yamaha makes large sheaves than required is due to the fact that they don't want the belt capable of being pushed out of the top of the primary thereby blowing belts. If you machine the flat down at the bottom of the primary, take care not to remove more than .015" to .020" from each face. Once that is completed and you measure the diameter of available belt travel, you will see that the sheave diameter is quite enough.

Not to sound like a pushy salesman but if you don't have my ECP air kit and Blue By You 2000's clutch kit, you stand to gain a lot of performance.

You could order them from either of us at:
www.easterncycleperf.com

or

www.thespeedshop1.com

Freddie

Back