• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX1 vs 2006 Apex

The RX-1 was a great sled and no one should say they sucked, How ever i have owned an RX-1 and a Vector and put over 200 Mi on an Apex and all i can tell you is if money is not a problem buy the Apex or when you do get the chance to ride an Apex you will be trading again. The differances between the RX and the Apex are big. If money does restrict you an RX or a Vector is still better than any 2 smoker out there and you will have a lot of fun with either one. kviper

I have an '03 RX-1, and soon I will have an Attak. I am anxious to ride both sleds back to back. Just sitting on both sleds, I like the Attak much better. Yes guys, I know, the '05 had MANY imrovements over the '05, but I plan on keeping both of these sleds for quite a while. I couldn't stand having a two smoke as my second sled anymore. Now the wife will drive the Attak, when she goes out. The better ride should keep her happier longer.

A low mileage 05 Rx1 with picks and other upgrade will probably only cost you $6500-$7000 depending on what is on it. By the time you do that to an Apex you will have easily spent another $3000 over that. But it all depends on how bad you want that newest and greatest sled. I have an 05 with low miles I am selling for $6500 to a friend but as it turns out he might not be able to come up with the cash. PM me if you want info.

TT670 said:
As a new Yamaha owner, Ill chime in. If there werent an Apex Id still be on ski doo. The RX1 wasnt going to lure me away.
That's for sure, I sat and rode an RX-1 and it was the old tradiotnal style of riding, "let your but take a beating ride". Rider forward means a better overall balance of the sled because the weight is centralized and a motor that has more power to boot. The taller seat and bars moved alot farther forward also helped make the apex what it is. Now you have a great ride, and well balanced snowmachine. I can't say that about any year RX-1.

!

TT670 said:
As a new Yamaha owner, Ill chime in. If there werent an Apex Id still be on ski doo. The RX1 wasnt going to lure me away.

ditto to that. id still be on a doo as well. cant wait to try this thing!

Its really not surprising that it would be the BS that lured away the doo crowd, since their whole platform is pure marketing and has nothing to do with the (obviously far inferior in all respects) tech.

Those Bold New Graphics really paid off for Yammie. They should do it more often!

Haveing gotten to test the 06s for a day and haveing the 05,s there also to ride them back to back,its easy to say buy a 06. way better. I also am comming off 2 RX1s with lots of miles on them. A no brainer if u have the money.. RX1,s were the best sleds we ever rode but in no way a apex. You will love the 05 as long as u stay off the 06,s .

hmmmm.....23 posts and no response from the person that asked the original question.....go with what your budget allows, either way you wont be disappointed.

LB has spoken, he knows all. Get the RX-1.
PS You have that $100.00 Fuel injection kit ready to go yet LB :moon:

LazyBastard said:
They are NOT as different as you would be led to believe.

Differences are;
Steering post forward 6" on apex,
EFI,
Lighter crankshaft,
Shorter front ski spindles.
They may seem simple but transform the sled. Find anybody that has ridden the 06's, they will varify this :ORC
I obviously haven't ridden my Attak yet but can tell you just by setting on it I am now in more control of the sled. So much more so then on my RX-1 or Warrior.
You also missed a huge improvement LB, the seat.

150 HP
Fuel Injection
Lighter crank
Down draft throttle bodies
Improved cam timeing
Fan cooled radiater
Raised roll center
Improved mono shock skid
LED Tail light
New taller seat
New handlebars +hooks
Cool new gauge
Awesome new rider position
Huge storage trunk in seat
Big storage bag for under hood
New vector style front end
Lighter battery
Improved exhaust system
20+ pounds lighter
Easy off side pannels
Killer looks
Killer sound
Better resale value

To say the Apes is almost the same as the RX1 is a vast understatement.
Yamaha has went all out on these as the people who have ridden them can say. It's a no brainer! You will kick yourself if you get a 05. you will love the 05 untill you get a chance to ride the 06. Than your tears will fall.

LazyBastard said:
Its really not surprising that it would be the BS that lured away the doo crowd, since their whole platform is pure marketing and has nothing to do with the (obviously far inferior in all respects) tech.

Those Bold New Graphics really paid off for Yammie. They should do it more often!

Youre welcome to keep you insults to yourself. Ive got 2 REVs parked next to my RTX to make comparisons with and having ridden an RX1 I can say with 100% certainty theres alot more than BNG and a relocated handlebar riser to the Apex,. High tech or not the REV and RT chassis are the sleds everyone else is chasing, and there real good, had the motors lived up to past Rotax standards I wouldnt have even given Yamaha a look. Ive been riding sleds for 20+ years, know them pretty well and am far from the type that falls for BS marketing.

RTX Meirda said:
RX1 is a Dinosaur compared to an Apex.

If you want to argue with me....fine BUT....only people that have ridden both sleds!

He's right....... :o|

Hey Meirda....can I ride yours???? :?

LazyBastard said:

With a statement like that LB, it clearly shows where the BS is truly coming from.. Are you part of the welcoming comittee?

Back