• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX1 vs 2006 Apex

rochmatt27

Veteran
I know it is a totally different sled, but could someone give me some info on which one to buy? I am a trail rider that would be happy with a comfortable fast sled. I don't know if I need to spend the 10k to get the 2006 apex if I can get a 2005 RX1 for around 7k.

What do you think?

Thanks!

If you have $3,000 to spend on fuel injection go ahead otherwisw the 05 is fine just make sure you get the rear suspension updated before you buy.

Jim

Buy the '05, you won't be dissappointed. Don't fall for the hype being spewed by the gotta have the latest and greatest crowd. Certainly the Apex is more advanced, but not for $3,000!!! I love all these guys that bought the new sleds putting down the sled the rode for the last 2 - 3 years. All of a sudden the RX-1s suck? How did they go from great to suck? Just because something newer and better came out they now suck? I mean seriously. I'm glad you guys like your new sleds, and I am sure they ride better, are faster and more comfortable, I really do believe that. But it doesn't make a one year old sled suck.

There is nothing wrong with the RX-1. From what I'm told it does feel night and day different compaired to the Apex sleds.

I bought an attack. I have my RX-1 for 3 seasons and was ready for an upgrade.

the 2005 RX-1 was certainly the nicest of the 3 years. I would have no problem buying a 05 RX-1 if Money was an issue. I would make sure the REAR skid have the 06 updates.

Anyone that says the RX-1 sucks compairs to the Apex isn't being fair to the RX-1.

As was said, if you can afford the $10K for the Apex, go for it. Id opt for it for the EFI and taller seat and handlebars.
However, if you cant afford the 10K for the Apex, its not as if the RX-1 was a bad sled.
Cap'n

It's just that a few of us have been on an rx-1 for three seasons now,some are ready for a change,not me going to ride mine one more year,not sick of it yet.

I agree, it is a money thing!!! If you can swing it, the apex will be a better sled, if you can't swing it, then the 05 RX1 is a great sled that won't disappoint you.

Get the RX1 if that’s what you can afford. The only reason I opted to dump it and go with a 06 is because of overheating issues. I must have spoken with hundreds of riders on the trail only to find I was the only one with that type of issue. Other than that I really did like the sled and the RED looked awesome. Go for it! :4STroke:

First off, look around, you can probably find a new Apex for around 9gs. The RX1 is a great sled, and the new suspension was a huge improvement over the 04. But, the biggest difference between it and the Apex is the riding position, and it's a significant improvement. 4 inches higher and 6 inches farther forward will be easier on the knees and isolate you better from the bumps. The motor has been significantly upgraded and has more power all through the range. The front end has the newer geometry and should corner much flatter. It's also 23 lbs. lighter. If you can afford it, its a no brainer.

Rochmatt27,

What no one has asked is, How long are you going to keep this sled?

If it only a few years, Then you will likely get 1/2 or more of that extra $3,000 back when you go to sell it.

I have to think that one model year difference plus the difference between the two sleds is worth $ 1,700 + or - three years down the road.

Now this is coming from a Canadian and perhaps there will not be as much difference in the US in 3 years or so between a 05 RX1 and a 06 Apex.

If this is your last sled, or you are going to keep it 5 years or more, then the difference in value at disposition time will be smaller.

Food for thought.

I have driven a 05 RX1 and they are a great sled. You will not be disappointed.

However based on the reports here of those who have driven the Apex in the spring and also the Magazine reviews, I think I would buy the Apex for only about $400 dollars a year more in depreciation for a 3 year period.

I was faced with the same decision as you and I bought a Apex GT for my wife.

I am hoping she lets me drive it some. :Rockon:

Dave

04 Warrior :yam:

Back