• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RXWarrior LE

edmundsfly

Ok, so here's the deal... 2 Questions...

This morning, I tried ordering 2 handlebar protectors (powermadd) for my sled and was told that they wouldn't fit due to my windsheild - when turning the steering wheel it would hit the windshield?!?!.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and knows of any other hand protectors that exist that will fit my machine. It's a 2005 RX Warrior LE (RXW10SK).

Secondly, the dealer sent me out with stock rear suspension settings for this year. I'm a big boy, 235lbs, and I'm bottoming out on small jumps, not to mention I have a seat jack and sometimes have another person on with me, giving a combined weight sometimes of 400lbs.

Has anyone run into problems with the RXW10SK's rear suspension? Any ideas / tips on tuning it better for my weight? I'm wanting to have a smooth ride for this season.

Any help on these two points are HIGHLY appreciated :)

I'm not real familiar with the warrior rear skid. At the rear, does it look similar to my RX-1 mtn in the picture with the stock skid below? I weight 275 with full gear including a back pack with emergency survival gear and used to think my sled was bottoming out also.

Come to find out the bolt going through the pivot on the rear scissor was actually hammering the top of my left slide rail just above the bolt for the transfer control rod. I didn't see the groove from the bolt until I started modifying the FRA while installing my 162" track and MPI transfer enhancment kit.

To fix the problem; I used a Dremel with a small cutting disk to cut the excess bolt off and trim about 1/2" off the top of the rail where it was making a groove. This took care of the hard jolt that I assumed was the skid hitting bottom. I can now ride with the FRA on soft, rear shock 1 slot from full soft and the skid still won't bottom out.

As for the hand guards hitting the windshield. If you have the bars set a the stock height and are using the standard or tall windshield, it will just barely rub on the edge of the windshield at full turn.

Jim

Attachments

• RX-1 pics 001.jpg
    RX-1 pics 001.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Modified RX-1 mtn skid.jpg
    Modified RX-1 mtn skid.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 88
edmundsfly said:
Any ideas / tips on tuning it better for my weight? I'm wanting to have a smooth ride for this season.
:)

Here's my solution to your problem......CrossFire skid...... It's cost me ~$300 (so far) and the results have been outstanding. About 20 lbs. lighter, rides like a Cat, handles better (less inside ski lift), the track doesn't need to be guitar string tight so that the drivers don't ratchet. The transfer rod clunking is gone. I'm going to add 'heavy' rear springs (I also have a Seat Jack), 4 8" rear wheels on an offset axle and maybe a 16" track.

Attachments

• Dec. 17 2006 X Fire.jpg
    Dec. 17 2006 X Fire.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 121

Back