• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 vs 2006 gt

x2thez

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX
2009 Yamaha Vector LTX
1987 Yamaha Bravo
Last night my buddy and I ran a few times, and each time the 2006 came out on top. What would be the differences between these, it as by about 1 or 2 sleds every single time. We even switched riders since I am about 60 lbs lighter than he is and still with the same result. We both geared them down one tooth, the same, and both are running cr10ek plugs. Neither has studs, and the 2006 had longer carbides. ANY IDEAS???

I joked with him saying mine was built after the workers got a raise... :Rockon:

It could be the difference between suspensions, Mono versus Pro-Active or it could just be a setup thing.

Could also be belt wear. Try switching belts between the two sleds. Because Yamaha belts last so long sometimes we tend to forget about them. Change mine last year after 2 seasons and gained 10 mph back.

Handy said:
Could also be belt wear. Try switching belts between the two sleds. Because Yamaha belts last so long sometimes we tend to forget about them. Change mine last year after 2 seasons and gained 10 mph back.

The 2005 has less miles on the belt, my 2006 has 2000 on orignal belt, the 2005 has about 1100 miles on it.

Track tension?
Chaincase tension/oil quality?
Belt alignment/top of the secondary/secondary spring tension different?

Ya so your faster by a sled ;)! at least i wasent loosing to a vector gt on a 800 revx with studs and can :flag: :4STroke:

ill have to try loosening my track and maybe takeing some tension off the chaincase like grimm said

other than that i think its in the different suspensions :exc:

4strokesmoke said:
Ya so your faster by a sled ;)! at least i wasent loosing to a vector gt on a 800 revx with studs and can :flag: :4STroke:

ill have to try loosening my track and maybe takeing some tension off the chaincase like grimm said

other than that i think its in the different suspensions :exc:

Just don't go too loose on the chaincase tension, just check to see if it isn't overtightened is what I meant.

Back