• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 nytro refresh, help/ advice needed plenty of pictures!

HID's are easy on your sled. Many people like Rockmeister's plug and play setup (a little spendy IMO). I have DDM Tuning HID's in 2 sleds and 2 vehicles. 55 watt, 5000K with the upgraded ballasts.
Thank you for the advice PM sent

Short update, I contacted Travis at barn of parts. If you need anything get ahold of him. So great to work with!!!
Since you're updating your front end (bushings, powder coat, etc), I would recommend a bulkhead saver from Barn of Parts. It will help prevent your A-arms from busting out the diecast bulkhead in a collision or hard landing scenario. It also locks the main A-arm bolts in place, which prevents the bulkhead bushings from ever wearing out. All the wear is placed on the bushings that press directly into the A-arms...the way is should be! ;)!

You could also add grease zerks to your A-arms. This, combined with a bulkhead saver, would give you thousands of miles of front end life!

Enjoy your sled! The 973 triple is an under-appreciated engine!

Since you're updating your front end (bushings, powder coat, etc), I would recommend a bulkhead saver from Barn of Parts. It will help prevent your A-arms from busting out the diecast bulkhead in a collision or hard landing scenario. It also locks the main A-arm bolts in place, which prevents the bulkhead bushings from ever wearing out. All the wear is placed on the bushings that press directly into the A-arms...the way is should be! ;)!

You could also add grease zerks to your A-arms. This, combined with a bulkhead saver, would give you thousands of miles of front end life!

Enjoy your sled! The 973 triple is an under-appreciated engine!
Great advice I'll be getting a hold of Travis!

You probably already checked this but I would also make sure it has the updated cam chain tensioner. There is a sticky at the top of the RS forum.

You probably already checked this but I would also make sure it has the updated cam chain tensioner. There is a sticky at the top of the RS forum.
I read that but I just had major stomach surgery so things are going way slower then I thought. I really appreciate the tip.. won't lie I totally forgot about that!! I have another three weeks of not being able to lift more then 5lbs,. Then the work will begin! I love all the replys it's only making my credit card explode! Can't wait till I get to send pics of her done

I read that but I just had major stomach surgery so things are going way slower then I thought. I really appreciate the tip.. won't lie I totally forgot about that!! I have another three weeks of not being able to lift more then 5lbs,. Then the work will begin! I love all the replys it's only making my credit card explode! Can't wait till I get to send pics of her done
not sure if you can see it all put together or not but you can tell by the color of the paint on it maybe check when you are up and around so if you need the part you can order it???

The bad ones have the orange dot

oldchaintensioner-jpg.121534

Two more weeks and I can pick up a wrench again. I ended up getting major surgery.. parts are starting to trickle in and I'm paying off my bill with Travis at barn of parts. Times not going to go fast enough!! Talked to rock picking up how hid kit the first week in nov and that should be the last thing. When I'm acuttaly able to start tearing her apart I'll update with pics. Seriously.. thank you guys for the helpful posts

IMG_1647.JPG
IMG_4776.JPG
I ended up getting a 2006 Yamaha nytro with 2,300 miles that's the good news.(those that will ask it was a mile a buck so not bad) the bad news is she needs some re-freshing and I'm concerned about one major issue.
My list to due..
New hyfax
4th wheel/big wheel kit
New rear shock
New HID head lights
Oil change and general maintenance
Get a pump for fox shocks..

And if that was not enough when I was un-loading her the windshield caught the top of my trailer and really messed up the plastic around the gauges and pulled it out it's resting position and may have trashed the windshield
What I'm really concerned with is the way the skis sit.. one sits straight as an arrow and the other is well not straight. I'm looking for advice on all ends of the fix

I'm not a rich man by any means so some of these fixes will take awhile but all should be done by end of sept early oct... is it snowing yet?!?!
24b8eoi.jpg

vo4n4p.jpg
2dc7k1d.jpg
First off... that's a great looking sled! I got mine about a year ago and I put almost 500 miles on it, which doesn't seem like a lot to most people, but we normally average 150 miles a year! When i got mine, we changed the oil, put new spark plugs in, and some fresh gas, and never looked back. heres a couple of pics of mine with a special "LE" paint wrap so it looks like how they had the new vipers a couple years ago

Last edited:
View attachment 130023 View attachment 130021
First off... that's a great looking sled! I got mine about a year ago and I put almost 500 miles on it, which doesn't seem like a lot to most people, but we normally average 150 miles a year! When i got mine, we changed the oil, put new spark plugs in, and some fresh gas, and never looked back. heres a couple of pics of mine with a special "LE" paint wrap so it looks like how they had the new vipers a couple years ago
Oh man killer looking nytro!! My PayPal is all messed up or I would have sent my last payment to Travis at barn of parts.. all those items are on the list!! I may have had a couple to many adult beverages and starterd her last night. No choke fired up with in two seconds!

rkvqsp.jpg

Finially got my start uploading pictures to share and will have questions.

Only found one surprise.. shocks are getting sent off to be rebuilt, hoping to have it all together by NYE for our 4 day ride.
zv1wfk.jpg

Surprise!

Those '06 Nytros had an issue with warping idler wheels. I remember Yamaha sent out a TSB on them, I think anyway. But I remember the same thing happening on mine. At the time Yamaha replaced them with a solid plastic wheel with no rubber on the outside. Regardless .... warped idlers on an '06 Nytro is no big surprise.

Back