• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Apex gt question

scottt

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 apex gt 2017 sidewinder LTX LE 137"
Bought the sled (2 nd season) with 2000 miles and just turned 3000 last weekend. Ever since I've had it,, sometimes when it seems the outside temp is say in the mid to upper 30's, if you hit the throttle quickly at low rpms it sounds like it pops a little into the air box. If you're moving along decently and go wot it doesn't seem to do it. And if it's colder out I don't seem to hear it at all. It's completely stock. 2 weeks ago it was like low 20's and I got it up to 109 mph on gps. Last weekend it was well into the 30's and the best was only 101 mph.

Check your intake boots with a good light. Sometimes when reinstalling air box they dont get properly seated. Is the lid modified at all?

That's a good call there. It's easy to fold those over. Also do an exhaust test to be sure your donuts have not failed. 3000-4000 is timing for your first failure. Get them early before it takes out a y-pipe. They are expensive.

Good luck

I had the sled at a Yamaha dealership recently because it wouldn't start. They found bad starter relay and some corroded wires and fixed that. But they said it wasn't running right when they started it and tested the tps and said it was bad,, which it was running great before it wouldn't start but they tested it and said it was bad so I told him to put a new one on. The donuts already been done but they heard a rattling sound so they checked the donuts and they were fine ,ended up being just some loose rivets. I haven't checked the airbox but I assume that they got it back on the boots correctly and everything. I've had the airbox on and off a few times. I've noticed the sled is done it ever since I got it but only seems to do it when it when it's a little warm out. The air box is all stock... Nothing has been modified on the sled.

I would not be so worried about top end as the colder it gets the more you will get because the snow gets harder and has less resistance. pay more attention to the RPM'S if they are not getting to the right spot then you would have an issue. when it is warm out the air density is less and would effect things a bit. check to make sure the sensor on the side of the air box is in good shape (clean plug). I would get a look at the plugs as well. After you do all that if all else fails adjust the co settings a little bit sounds like the TPS may be a little off if that is the only thing that was changed it may be the problem.

Back