• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 GT overheat

msgt van

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Apex LTX
My buddy's '07 overheated last season. After riding for four hours we stopped for a cocktail. When we started up again it overheated and pooped out the coolant within 5 minutes of startup. When we got it trailered back to the cabin we pulled the thermostat and verified it was working. Once again when it would overheat it would crap out the coolant so we refilled and burped the air out of it. Then it would overheat again. The sled ran like a top for the past several seasons without any engine/coolant issues or associated maintenance actions. I swagged we had a bad water pump so we pulled the engine. The impeller and shaft look fine. Y'all have any ideas on where to look? I'm at a loss.

Another clue - the radiator stayed cool.

have you flushed the coolers and the rad out? might have a chunk of crap from a hose coming apart internally restricting the flow. have had it happen in air and hydraulic systems at work.

coolant tank cap maybe.

So heat exchangers are not getting warm? Did you crack the rear bleeder screw?

rad is after the right side cooler on my sleds, so i would say the coolers are staying cold.

Have a look at my thread. Sounds similar. Wound up being the head gasket.

Back