• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Attack or Attack GT?

Sledboy

Pro
What do you guys recommend?
2007 Attack or Attack GT?
I'm coming from a tripple piped 136" 2002 viper with expertX rear suspension.

Attak GT

Rode and took the large bumps like a champ!

I would have to disagree!

I don't believe the Ohlins & shock pkg is worth the money!!!

I didn't like them in the past!

Also having blow-out issues this year!!!

I would save the $1000!

BR

Std. Attack for me too. What COLDONE said!

First off I think the Ohlins "Look" cool as hell. But you only notice them if they're your front shocks. second I hate painted tunnels. If a GT came looking like a std Team Yamaha Blue Attak I would seriously consider it. But even then $1000.00 dollars is alot of money for a shock that has a simple servo motor with a wire attached to it. IMO.

If you are a big guy, I would get the Attak GT. A Yamaha rep said the '07 Attak GT will come set-up with a stiffer spring for the bigger guys. When I asked if it would ride too rough, the rep said "The Attak GT is the favorite calibration for the test riders out of Minocqua." The Attak GT must ride pretty good ...

GT comes with reverse too....no?

I will never...ever buy another sled without reverse (showing age here)

Keith M.

I'm 260 lbs, so looks like the GT is for me.
What issues did they have with the electric Ohlins rear sock in the Apex GT this year?

Sledboy said:
What issues did they have with the electric Ohlins rear sock in the Apex GT this year?

A few blew the shock. Some had some ice issues with the plug. Otherwise no major issues.

The Ohlins is outstanding for adjustment while you ride. I leave it on shock mode and adjust it between the rollers and studder bumps. The piggybacks are far better than the standard shocks. Some are going to replace the standards with piggys.

Dirk, Maybe that is why when Terry said the GT rode better, is because the different spring with the Ohlins in the rear, and the GYT-r in the front.

Back