• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 attack starter issue?

sounding like bad one way gear for starter.

can i ask what oil was last put into it? if it was energy conservation oil full synthetic, it was known to cause this issue in the past.

i would make sure the starter is turning the right way 1st. did one on atv and was supplied one that was wrong rotation for the atv i was working on. did the one way gear on it and it sounded the same after i replaced it. put right starter in and it fired up after the first 2 rotation of motor.

I’m running Mobil 1 European formula 0w-40.

Starter relay is brand new at the start of the season as it was sticking and not letting voltage to the starter.
The starter is original.

I did have a starter one time where the shaft was spinning inside the armature. It could be that, but if it isn't then what maim says.

I would say the starter drive is broken, replace the starter.

Have you replaced anything else (specifically anything to do with stator/pickup coil)? Is this the first time you are starting the sled in awhile? It sounds to me like the one way clutch isn't engaging.

Do NOT run automotive oil. You need oil that meets the JASO MA specification for the starter clutch. Automotive oils have friction modifiers that will cause it to slip. And can damage it permanently.

I am not aware of Mobil 1 Euro meeting that spec.

Last edited:

Back