• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Attak GT @ 6,000 Miles & Have Y.E.S. What Repairs?

whitedust1

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex XTX
My 2007 Attak GT turned 6,000 miles & so far only used Y.E.S. for new donuts 1700 miles ago. What Y.E.S. work should be considered @ end of season?

Check your speedo side bearing. That and donuts have been our big failures this year. I would also check all the wheels if they have not been replaced.

Check all the rear suspension components for any cracking. Also check both side running board heat exchangers for any leaking or cracking. I had both heat exchangers, front pivot arm, and both rails replaced under YES on my '07 Attak.

Wouldnt hurt to check (or have them) check the exhaust donuts again while it is still under warranty.

--Steve (O.C.)

Check your ramp shoe seats, or towers. YES won't replace your ramp shoes, but if your tower/seat has a crack, they should give you a new sheave or at least half sheave.

Attachments

• rampshoes.jpg
    rampshoes.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 78
I hope that this is not considered hijacking. I have my '07 Apex GT with 4000 miles at the dealer right now with a broken rear suspension "W arm".

I have YES until 2012 and I am expecting this to be warrantied. Have any of you guys been sucsessful getting this part replaced under YES?

If so, can I expect them to replace it with the newer stronger design W arm that is used on the newer Apex?

Blue Dave:

A buddy I ride with just noticed his front pivot arm was cracked on his '07 Attak. I told him exactly where to look and to expect to find some damage.

He is under YES till Dec. '11. Port Yamaha indicated that they will replace the arm with the new, stronger design, under warranty.

Snowmobileaddict said:
Blue Dave:

A buddy I ride with just noticed his front pivot arm was cracked on his '07 Attak. I told him exactly where to look and to expect to find some damage.

He is under YES till Dec. '11. Port Yamaha indicated that they will replace the arm with the new, stronger design, under warranty.

Mine was broke into pieces. I have attached a picture before I had a welder put it back together up north to save my weekend ride. He did a good job welding it but if YES will pay for a replacement I would obviously rather go that route especially if they replace it with the newer stronger design.

Does anybody know which year they changed to the stronger design and what the part number is for this newer stronger design part?

Attachments

• 02-26-10_0612.jpg
    02-26-10_0612.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 81
Blue Dave said:
Snowmobileaddict said:
Blue Dave:

Mine was broke into pieces. I have attached a picture before I had a welder put it back together up north to save my weekend ride. He did a good job welding it but if YES will pay for a replacement I would obviously rather go that route especially if they replace it with the newer stronger design.

Does anybody know which year they changed to the stronger design and what the part number is for this newer stronger design part?

Back to the top hoping for some more feedback.

I just called Kevin at Port Yamaha. He said that there is a special part number for updating an '07. P/N 99999-03774-00 gets you the new design '08 W arm and a new longer limiter strap which is needed because the new design W arm has a larger diameter tube.

Kevin knows his S*#t! Retail on this p/n is $389.74 which is less expensive than if you bought the '08 arm and limiter strap separately.

I am still going to push my local dealer to cover it under YES and I will call Yamaha customer service if I am denied.

The '08 improved design W arm with longer limiter strap was installed last week by my dealer and was covered completely parts & labor by YES.

Now I have to wait until next season to ride it! Has anyone broken the new design W arm?

Back