• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 VL Annual Checklist

it is pretty much the same for any sled other than the pre season oil change.

here is the list of what i do to all my sleds to pre season them.

replace 4 stroke engine oil/filter
replace chain case oil
repack/replace speedo bearing
repack secondary clutch bearing
check/replace exh dounuts
check front end/spindle bushings
check rear suspension bushings/arms
repack/replace all rear suspension bearings
check slide plastic thickness
check track paddles/clips and burn off any strings coming out
check wear bars/carbides
check coolant level
blow out/clean clutches and check bushings in rollers and weights
check lights
check belt and make sure spare is good/new
check my emergency gear

after this is when i add the mod stuff if i have any i want to do that is not covered under the maintence stuff.

owned my 11 apex as a nos since 2013 and it now has 27000km on it and still going strong.

it is pretty much the same for any sled other than the pre season oil change.

here is the list of what i do to all my sleds to pre season them.

replace 4 stroke engine oil/filter
replace chain case oil
repack/replace speedo bearing
repack secondary clutch bearing
check/replace exh dounuts
check front end/spindle bushings
check rear suspension bushings/arms
repack/replace all rear suspension bearings
check slide plastic thickness
check track paddles/clips and burn off any strings coming out
check wear bars/carbides
check coolant level
blow out/clean clutches and check bushings in rollers and weights
check lights
check belt and make sure spare is good/new
check my emergency gear

after this is when i add the mod stuff if i have any i want to do that is not covered under the maintence stuff.

owned my 11 apex as a nos since 2013 and it now has 27000km on it and still going strong.

This is just perfect!! Thanks so much!! I have replaced the starter and or fuel relays a couple of years ago. Is there an easy way to test them? Probably best to carry spares? Are they about $50 ea? Thanks

i carry a spare relay in the 11 sled after they where found to be bad. knock on wood, i have not had to replace the stock one yet. usually they would act up on 1st start up of the day and just warming them with your hands was enough to get them working. i have heard of guys using warm liquid on them to get going in the am. i also use a spray on dieletric/penetrating oil that was developed to fight corrosion on led lighting for transports and i know it does its job. not cheap stuff though.

The only one you really need to worry about is the fuel pump relay that tends to freeze below -15c or so. Replace it now with the solid state red version, #8GN-81950-00.

And if you just acquired this sled, make sure the ground block update has been done. Mine melted just last season causing me all sorts of electrical problems and stalling.
Got bit by the grounding block issue

Back