• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Viper starts but wont stay running

burlyviper

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX LE, blue
2011 Apex 128, Ulmer Airbox and clutch kit, PCV, HID
1980 Exciter 300
Started my brother's 2016 viper about 2 months ago and brought it up to temperature, no problems. Went to start last weekend. It would start but would sputter and I tried to feather the throttle. But it would then die. Would start again and same thing. The sled is 6 hours away so just getting a game plan for when I go back in mid-November. Figured I would drain gas and put in new gas. And then swap plugs as well. Other than these 2 things, anything else to put on my checklist? Since I just had it running, I'm hoping it is a short list of items to check. I've read about the throttle pin setting off TPS. Will check that too. (Just had valves adjusted Fall 2020 and new plugs).

Thanks.

I have become a regular user of Seafoam for both stabilizing and Clearing minor fuel passage problems so I would mix the new fuel with Seafoam and let her run a long time.

Got it. Thanks. Will give these a try. I already have some of that Yamaha treatment.

Back