• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Apex 40th sold and here’s the history of the sled

SnowRipper

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 SRX
2008 Apex 40th anniversary edition
Purchased it as a new leftover model in 2009
Ogdensburg New York then imported it to Canada.

All repairs were self done, no dealership ever looked at this sled after purchase.

5000 km
exhaust y pipes cracked replaced with SS y pipes and new donuts

8000km
front end bushings replaced with Ohlites

10000 km
new ice ripper track installed as original track studs were pulling out
Replaced all chain case bearings while I had it apart

11000km
track rub found to be damaging the Ohlins shock
Replaced with a rebuilt Ohlins shock

12000km
Crank position sensor failed,
bought a new one on line for $30 and cut and spliced it into existing stator

14000km
Grounding block fried itself. That was a quick fix zero cost repair thanks to TY apex forum

Starter started to fail
eBay for used $100 2012 OEM starter

18000 km sled sold

I also replaced the driveshaft clutch side bearing every 2 years and also replaced every wheel in the skid frame at least once.
Replaced the battery once with a higher amp battery. Regular oil and chain case changes

In my 13 years of ownership it was a solid sled that never left me stranded, when parts failed it was always in the garage at the time.

time to move on now so I ordered a 2022 SRX. I hope it’ll be as reliable as my Apex was. Many thanks to this Apex forum, you guys have been a great help over the years. See you on the Sidewinder forum!

Thanks for sharing, good info, good luck with the Cat, lots of good info on the Winder site, ah... you might want to get a extra line of credit. ;)!

Keep the winder stock, and read the master list of issues I made in the stickie on that forum and you should be good. You understand some maintenance is required and I think you will enjoy the winder compared to the stockish apex you had. Thanks for the write up!!

Back