• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Light at the end of the (sled) tunnel - Attak Overhaul

Looks great. Did a lot of the same things to my 2006 Attak. Would not have been able to do it without the help of TY and its generous members and Travis at Barn of Parts!

You may want to look at Travis' rail stiffeners and bulkhead saver kit.

Also look at Rockmeister's HID headlight kit. Hands down tuns night into day on the trail.

Rails look great (no cracks) as does bulkhead. At this point, I'm good. :) I'll look into the HID kit though. Is it a link on here somewhere? I'll look in the FAQs and do a search.

Rails look great (no cracks) as does bulkhead. At this point, I'm good. :) I'll look into the HID kit though. Is it a link on here somewhere? I'll look in the FAQs and do a search.

I installed both as a preventative measure. Both my rails were cracked so I purchased replacement rails from Travis and also added his rail stiffeners to minimize the problem from happening again.

Here is the link to Rock's HID lights: http://yamaheater.com/Products.php

He is a TY sponsor and another great guy to work with.

I installed both as a preventative measure. Both my rails were cracked so I purchased replacement rails from Travis and also added his rail stiffeners to minimize the problem from happening again.

Here is the link to Rock's HID lights: http://yamaheater.com/Products.php

He is a TY sponsor and another great guy to work with.
Thanks. At some point I have to stop. LOL I've done so much that wasn't planned, some needed, some not, that at this point, I'm going to wrap it up. Once I get a break, I may reconsider, but right now, I'm good. ha ha.

I'll check out those HIDs though, as more light at night is never bad.

I have been thinking about the Yamaheaters too. While I don't think it matters, I'll ask. My sled doesn't have the stock bars or heated grips. Does that matter? I don't think so as the issue is how/when the Yamaha puts power to the grips to warm them, whatever grips they are. It wasn't a grip issue, it was a design issue on the circuit. Right?

Keep the rail stiffeners high on your list for next year . When you have the LTX version of this sled they will crack right by the back idler wheels and they are hard to see with the wheel and mount in place. I was lucky enough to catch it and have it welded then added the stiffener kit. My Vote is Only for ROCZ HID kits . I went the cheap route last year and bought DDM tuning 55 watt kit and I had one bad Ballast. DDM did finally sent me a new one but they wanted me to trouble shoot the whole kit. I then had one bulb go out . probably because I handled it too many times. LOL so in the end I bought another of Rocz kits and tore out the DDM and saved it for parts . In total it took me 45 mins to install Rocz kit and it all worked the first time...... and with his jumper cables he includes in the kit there is no running any wires or grounds down to the battery.

Enjoy your awesome Sled !

I have been thinking about the Yamaheaters too. While I don't think it matters, I'll ask. My sled doesn't have the stock bars or heated grips. Does that matter? I don't think so as the issue is how/when the Yamaha puts power to the grips to warm them, whatever grips they are. It wasn't a grip issue, it was a design issue on the circuit. Right?[/QUOTE]

Correct on the grips.
I on the other hand bought a cheap china kit off EBay for my HIDS and they have never given me any grief in 5 years and 8700 miles. I do 100% agree that Rock is awesome to work with and his stuff is top notch and his customer service is second to none. I had his yamaheaters on my 07 at the end of the time I owned it I still cant believe I didn't do it sooner.

I have been thinking about the Yamaheaters too. While I don't think it matters, I'll ask. My sled doesn't have the stock bars or heated grips. Does that matter? I don't think so as the issue is how/when the Yamaha puts power to the grips to warm them, whatever grips they are. It wasn't a grip issue, it was a design issue on the circuit. Right?

Correct on the grips.
I on the other hand bought a cheap china kit off EBay for my HIDS and they have never given me any grief in 5 years and 8700 miles. I do 100% agree that Rock is awesome to work with and his stuff is top notch and his customer service is second to none. I had his yamaheaters on my 07 at the end of the time I owned it I still cant believe I didn't do it sooner.[/QUOTE]

I have nothing against DDM. A lot of people have gotten them to work very well. My guess is I just had some bad luck . But It took 6 weeks to work thru the problems with them and way to many phone calls and emails. They did send me a great list of things to look for to cure my problem ! In the end better product, easier installation, and great customer service gets my vote. Our group does a lot of Night riding and the last thing I want is for the headlight to not work !

I have a few questions on the Yamaheater, but I'll read up on that so as to not pollute this thread of success! LOL

Jesus that thing looks new or you have an incredible camera to take that video! I am about to bring mine in for the same treatment although more custom fab work but nonetheless I have a few months of work on it as I only get a handful of hours a week now. Envious your done!

Finally, with the exception of the mono spring adjustment, the sled is D-O-N-E and back together. All panels mounted and shined up. Whew. For all those that helped me, thank you.

complete1.jpeg complete2.jpeg complete3.jpeg complete4.jpeg

Kind of a boring day. Nothing to do on the sled. I rode it down the hill and she’s in the trailer till the snow flies.

2E37B794-0DE3-42AC-B8EA-04AE641DF018.jpeg 389ABC34-4E9C-49C2-A6A0-01530A232C0B.jpeg

Looks nice. I envy you because your done. What did you use / do to clean the Aluminum so nice ?

I'm doing mine now.. Swapping all the "goodies" from my 07 AttakGT with 8000 mile to one I got with 2700 mile. In honesty I wish I didn't buy the new one. The old one setup perfect and ran so nice....Not worth all the work. I'm swapping exhaust pipes,skids,series 20 battery,extra fuse box,Yamaheater,seats (put firm foam in old one),SS eye loops to hold my winch,windshield,actually my whole headlight/windshield assembly because I have a digital voltmeter,extra power outlet,on off switch for Yamaheater on the old one. More things 6ga winch wire from battery to riser area,heated helmet wiring. Probably forgot some.
Oh my Front pivot arm on the old one was cracked and when I took it apart it came apart in 2 pieces. Damn..only Yamaha would build such a machine to keep going even broke in two.. no wonder they're heavy. I ordered a new one.. The old one was beefed up and Powder coated as well from Half Baked years ago. So it had 16 k on it.. and I'm a big guy.
I'm going in for Surgery Tuesday for a Hernia so I won't be able to finish them by then .. hopefully I can move about to get it finished soon after and sell the old one.

Attachments

• web ready.jpg
    web ready.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 103
  • web done.jpg
    web done.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 97
It’s all a lot of work for sure.

For the aluminum I use Mother’s Mag & Aluminum Polish. Available at Walmart and auto parts stores. Stuff works great. The more you work it n the shinier it gets.

Last edited:

Back