• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 fx nytro

craze1cars said:
Yamahator I do agree with you...frankly with the 80 hp 500cc Phazer getting stellar mileage, the small tank is probably very adequate for that sled and I never claimed it wasn't.

But now we have a 130 hp motor with more than double the displacement? I suspect the new motor will drain that tiny tank much quicker than your Phazer does. But as everyone else is, I'm only guessing. The proof will come out next season when people start posting their range and mileage numbers...I am frankly expecting another complaint session to start when that happens.

I'll have to look at their video to see what you're talking about on the weight, I haven't seen that yet. Thank you for pointing out that some more info is there. But if a weight is provided in the video, why is it not on their spec sheet? If I recall, Yami did the same thing with the Phazer last year...bragged about the light weight but didn't provide official dry weight spec until much later in the year after things had been stiffened and fattened up a little bit. But I don't remember what the numbers all actually were at the time.

Marketing, marketing, marketing I suspect. Every mfr is equally guilty of stretching the truth on the "hot buttons" in their own unique ways...they all play the games...and we all continue to bite and buy.

That's true, but displacement does not dictate how many mpg it will get. The Vector's actually get more than the Phazer, yet they too are double the displacement. Also the Phazer revs higher, no gear reduction on the 130...

We're still just guessing anyway. I don't believe that yamaha would put out a product that's not going to have the range other makes have. But you are right that they are thinking. As long as they keep the same range, they can drop a lot of wet weight numbers and look good when it comes time to weigh the Doo, Cat, Pol against it.

Where are the people who went to the Yamaha show in Lake Geneva this weekend? They may have some answers to many of our questions about weight, handling, range on a tank of gas, etc.

Matt

Moved to Nytro FX topics

Still left a shadow for you guys...

I think it is way cooler than the DOO, and on the other hand... REV XP is an EXACT copy of the Apex from the front!!! So i think it is moore the other way around!!! :yam:

Back