• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 nytro electric problems

wantler

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro MCX 240
Hi Gyus,

my headlight, tail light and break light won't work. I checked the fuse box, and there is no power on fuse # 3,4 and 5!!
I checked the relay, wires, fuses... Can't find anything wrong.
it looks like it won't get energized after I start the sled.
is there another relay/switch?
thank you for any help.

You checked the load control relay in the nose of the sled? It's the one closest to the nose.

Nytrorelaylocation2.png

I actually changed the relays (load, fuel, fan) they should be same??
what exactly is the load relay doing??

I know that I need power coming back to the blue/white wire at the bottom of the fuse box?!
make sense?
thanks.

Load control is the switch that sends power to the fuse box when the sled is turned on. Yes those relays are all the same. There won't be power to the fuse box when the sled is off.

O.K. great, now I know that one! so when I start the sled there will be an impulse send to the load relay which switches the load relay to power on and the blue/white wire will be energized?!

what exactly is the headlight relay doing (high bean low bean?).

any Idea why something like that can happen?? relays wear out, water...
thanks.

wantler said:
O.K. great, now I know that one! so when I start the sled there will be an impulse send to the load relay which switches the load relay to power on and the blue/white wire will be energized?!
Yes

wantler said:
what exactly is the headlight relay doing (high bean low bean?).
Yes

wantler said:
relays wear out, water...
thanks.
Yes

man, I'm good! :-o
but... if I change the relays now, and it still wont work???

that impulse coming from the key (when starting) is there a switch/relay...
where is the power to the load relay coming from?

thanks again.

so I inter changed the relays!! no change. still no light. I even changed the head light relay. assuming that all the relays are working, because everything works.
I have to check if there is power coming to the load relay!
but I've there is no power coming to the load relay?? where else could the problem be? :o|

I don't want to be a pain in the ...

where is the impulse for the load relay coming from?
I guess it comes from the key, when you start the sled? is there a switch/relay in between or just the wire directly from the key to the load relay?

We have reached the limit to my knowledge of the load relay circuitry. Any answer I give you from this point forward would be a guess or just BS. Anyway good luck, I hope you figure it out.

wantler said:

I guess it comes from the key, when you start the sled? is there a switch/relay in between or just the wire directly from the key to the load relay?
O.k. I checked the load relay! power on the relay (with engine off) and when I fire her up the red/white and green/yellow wires are energized!!

but no power on the fuse box!!
I'm getting really confused now, they change the colors of those wires all the time!! why isn't there a blue/white one instead of a red/white...

yox185 said:
We have reached the limit to my knowledge of the load relay circuitry. Any answer I give you from this point forward would be a guess or just BS. Anyway good luck, I hope you figure it out.

thank you for all the help!!
I really appreciate your help.

wantler said:
wantler said:

O.k. I checked the load relay! power on the relay (with engine off) and when I fire her up the red/white and green/yellow wires are energized!!

but no power on the fuse box!!
I'm getting really confused now, they change the colors of those wires all the time!! why isn't there a blue/white one instead of a red/white...

Got to be an issue between the relay and the fuse box. I'd check for continuity between relay and fuse.

Back