• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Nytro oil leak?

hondavfr4ever

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 FXNytro
Has anyone found an oil leak under the engine on the Nytro? I have a 2008 with just over 1000 miles. no oil leaks last season 950 miles, or sitting in the garage this summer. Just changed the oil to Amsoil 0w-40 full syn. power sports oil, after a 60 mile ride found a few drops of oil under my engine skid plate, pulled it down and found the oil pan wet with a few drops on it. Looks like the gasket for it is wet but not sure where its coming from?
Warranty expired about 2 weeks ago, figures.

You don't have 2 gaskets on the filter do ya, old one left on by mistake? Seen that happen before. Or maybe the filter isn't snugged up?? Hopefully this is your problem, and nothing serious. let us know how it goes.

forgot to say, my oil filter not leaking as far as i can tell, either is the drain bolt on motor, could i have over filled the tank and its venting out the bottom of the airbox all over the motor? didnt change the filter this year, did it last year at 500 miles. :o|

Come on man! you should change the filter every time change the oil, i used to work at Jiffy Lube and Havilione express. Did you take the plug off on top of the engine when you changed the oil. Just curious because i did that by accident also. Good luck.

Yamaha Nytro manual says first filter at 500, next at 12,000 miles, this motor has no trans full of gears or clutch to dirty up the oil like a motorcycle. I will change it every other year though, its only 12 bucks. the top plug wasnt removed, top of engine dry, bottom wet with oil.

I had the same problem, I thought. Oil is venting from the oil tank into the airbox and running down the front of the motor. Take lid off your air box clean the foam and clean out air box. Also lower your oil level into the cross marks on the dipstick. Level should be checked warm and dipstick just sitting in the hole do not screw it in to check.

Had same problem 2 weeks ago, oil level was to high. Like apexer said make sure sled is warmed up and check level, ended up leaving mine below the half way mark.

Not posting this to be a jerk at all but seriously people, do a simple search! This topic has been covered SO often already! There's lots of info on this! More than likely your level is too high & puking into the airbox. Clean airbox, mop up, siphon some oil out of the tank with a syringe & ride hard!! Remember, "search" is your friend!

Back