• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro Drivers Skipping, need help.

SydneyACE

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro
MCX 240
The drivers on my 2009 Nytro started skipping recently. It's most likely my fault as I was messing with the suspension on the skid.

It's got Timbersled (Ice Age?) Mountain Tamer rails with ZBroz shocks.

My issues started when I cranked up the front spring on the skid in an attempt to take a little weight off the skis. I also loosened the limiter straps by about 2" to help pick up the skis a bit when climbing.

The drivers started skipping on the track whenever I was climbing. They don't skip unless I'm like 3/4 throttle or more. They also don't skip on flat terrain even at full throttle.

I tightened the track and it seemed to help a little bit but was still doing it climbing at full throttle. Tightened the track some more... SUPER tight. Didn't seem to help.

Next weekend, it was still doing it so I lowered the front shock on the skid to try to fix it. Seemed to help a little but... still skipping.

Today rode again, still skipping. Tightened the track some more, as tight as I felt comfortable with. Didn't seem to help at all. I noticed it seems to do it worst once it really picks the skis up, so I put the limiter straps back to where they were before I did anything. TOTALLY fixed it... for about an hour. Then it started again. Track seemed to be looser than it was right after I tightened it super tight...

Really having some trouble figuring out what the problem is and how tightening the limiter straps helped temporarily. Also how the track could be super tight then, loose later without any adjustment.

The teeth on the drivers are getting pretty worn but I'm not sure if this is the whole problem.

Here's a video, you can hear the skipping during heavy throttle when climbing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IbcwSk6QQso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wouldn't be surprised if the drivers have spun on the driveshaft and that's what you're hearing. They should be extrovert drivers and if they are, it should be very hard to get them to skip.

Take a light and look at where they are pressed on the shaft and see if you can see any signs of the driver turning separate from the shaft. If you can, it's time for a new driveshaft with an avid driver set up.

That would be my guess also. I run my track extremely loose on my Mtx and it has never skipped.

Are you sure the rails aren't hitting the drivers? Seem like your adjustments might have allowed that to happen? It would sound similar

Back