• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 nytro mtx 162 opinions wanted

zeke800

Looking at buying a used one with only 2000 kms on it for 7200 bucks.
Any issues to look out for on them?? I have not seen it yet in person.

As well thinking if i do buy it putting a MCX 180 turbo on it. Is this a smart thing to do or not. Worried about motor issues.

You may want to check shock alignment in the a arms to see if SF is bent.

Ihave the 180 kit on mine and many others on this site do as well. they work very well and the install is easy.

Hand warmers suck. But that can easily be fixed with a kit. And the stock mtx skis suck for handling and flotation. In my opinion the maverick track sucks. Alot of people will agree on here that changing it to a CE, Ascent/Peak, or a Power-Claw will make a huge improvment and you will need that with boost. Can't go wrong with boost. There are people out there with 7000-10k miles on their nytros and they are just now boosting them. In 2010 Yamaha changed alot of things to make the mtx a better more improved sled than the 08-09 mtx. Only difference between a 2010 and a 2012 is the track, skis, drivers and stickers.

I have got a 2011 which is the same sled with different graphics. One single technical malfunction in 3700 kilometers - the right hand warmer quit working around 3200 kilometers (got a new one on warranty).

If you get into modifying, the following order is not a bad idea:
1. Roll over valve to protect your investment...
2. Steering post relocator to stop hating the standard steering geometry...
3. Track with better bite...
4. Less nervous front end kit...
5. Running boards that will let the snow go through...

2010-2011 162" is the Maverick track. Not that good bite in any condition, pretty much. Also, the lugs will maybe not break, but they will fold in a very short time.
2012 162" is the Ascent track. Check the thread about this for feedback.

Alatalo said:
I have got a 2011 which is the same sled with different graphics. One single technical malfunction in 3700 kilometers - the right hand warmer quit working around 3200 kilometers (got a new one on warranty).

If you get into modifying, the following order is not a bad idea:
1. Roll over valve to protect your investment...
2. Steering post relocator to stop hating the standard steering geometry...
3. Track with better bite...
4. Less nervous front end kit...
5. Running boards that will let the snow go through...

Agreed but I would move the Running boards up to the three position.

Back