• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Top Speeds?

More specifically then...

The FX Nytro and 2010 Vector seem to have the same top speed but most would agree the Apex chassis should be more efficient. Are these new Yamaha drivers in the Vector better than the Wahl or Ski-doo ones? The concensus is the Wahl's lost top end. The Ski-doo ones were a little better with some saying the tolences for them are much truer than the Wahl's but has anyone investigated these new Yamaha drivers????

Vector and Apex have the same gearing.

The 2010 in our shop only has about 400 miles on it. I personally have not been on it for WOT runs but I know it still cannot out run our two Vipers on top. It hangs in there much better from 0-80mph than his former 2007 did but after that the Vipers walk away. Maybe it will get better as it breaks in. On that given day when we tried them out we were seeing 117 on the Vipers, not sure what the Vector said on top.

A few mods on the old DB I chassis vectors and they will run 111 MPH on GPS on hardpack roads or lakes with little to no snow on them...Add 3-4" of snow and see as much as 10 mph drop off...

RSVECTORFREAK said:
A few mods on the old DB I chassis vectors and they will run 111 MPH on GPS on hardpack roads or lakes with little to no snow on them...Add 3-4" of snow and see as much as 10 mph drop off...

Yep, GPS is better than the speedo for sure. When mine says 107-108 the GPS says 102. That says my speedo is about 95% correct. If that was true at a bit higher speeds 117 would equal about 111 on GPS. But it is possible the error % goes up as the speed goes up too. The highest I have ever seen on the speedo was with the original track, wind at my back on a very hard pack lake.........125 mph, 1st year I owned it.

journeyman said:
The 2010 in our shop only has about 400 miles on it. I personally have not been on it for WOT runs but I know it still cannot out run our two Vipers on top. It hangs in there much better from 0-80mph than his former 2007 did but after that the Vipers walk away. Maybe it will get better as it breaks in. On that given day when we tried them out we were seeing 117 on the Vipers, not sure what the Vector said on top.

Update: I recently got back from my western UP of Michigan trip. The dealer up there had a 2010 Vector GT LTX model for test rides. I snuck it out for a test ride and waved my buddy to jump on my Viper to do a little side by side runs. The Vector had only 295 miles on it. The dealer said it WAS NOT clutched but we could tell it probably was by how it tached out and shifted. Anyways I found a little different story from our short track back home. Let's just say both sleds had almost dead even top end speeds but the Vecor GT LTX would surge me in midrange by a couple lengths. Dead stop take off runs would go to the Vector every time spotting me 2-3 lengths down low and then the Viper would gain a hair in the 80 mph range then the Vector would gain it back shortly after. Full top end was dead even being nothing happened after that. Whoever was in front it stayed that way but usually the GT would always get the nod with it's low/mid surge. We were impressed. My buddy said.......gee I would have never considered this model but I am shocked how well it runs over the former carbed model. I do wonder if the long track is faster much like what has been seen in the Apex models over the years. The combination of lower gearing and more track on the ground is probably the reason.

I know most people don't buy this model for speed but it is nice to see this sled can hold it's own.

;)!

I got out on the lake for the first time this weekend and raced with a 2010 800 doo. We both hit 103 gps. Speedo hit 104. He got there a little faster but he has studs and a clutch kit. I'm bone stock. I didn't buy this to be king of the lakes but it was nice to compete with a 160ish hp sled and be right there with him. Oh ya, btw, he's sitting in line for gas at 4.79 a gallon and I'm laughing at him with a half tank still in mine. He only got 10 mpg for the trip.

I saw 104 on the rail road grade this weekend and was with a Nytro XTX and beat it every time. I think the carbed 2009 Vector would beat the Nytro.

My buddy has a 600 E-Tec that a head bolt came loose and warped the head. He was riding the Nytro XTX to see if he liked it. He didn't like the Nytro because of the weight and how it steers heavier than the E-tec. He also said it wasn't as snappy as his 2 stroke. I told him yes but it didn't break down either.

I was seeing the same thing 8200-8400 rpms. I just keep smiling as I am very happy with this sled and I didn't have to pay $15,000 for it.

I thought the Nytro XTX would beat it but we only seen 94 out of it.

Banks93 said:
I saw 104 on the rail road grade this weekend and was with a Nytro XTX and beat it every time. I think the carbed 2009 Vector would beat the Nytro.
My buddy has a 600 E-Tec that a head bolt came loose and warped the head. He was riding the Nytro XTX to see if he liked it. He didn't like the Nytro because of the weight and how it steers heavier than the E-tec. He also said it wasn't as snappy as his 2 stroke. I told him yes but it didn't break down either.

Woaa....this I find hard to believe. That same dealer had a demo XTX and that thing was much quicker than my Viper and the Vector GT LTX. Now I am assuming the XTX I rode was also clutched the way it pulled. Another thing...my buddy that was driving my Viper during these test runs has an '08 Nytro RTX SE that he just 136'd with a 1.5" lug track with Ulmer clutching and that thing rocks. He can reel me in and blow by me like I got the brake on. Now last year it was closer between us being he had the original 121" Ripsaw ,but with the added traction that thing is impressive. You hit it in midrange and the skis jump right off the ground it comes on so hard. I think the best speedo speeds he saw last week were around 104mph, but it get's there real quick. I do agree I think it steers hard though. Both his Nytro and the demo XTX, I noticed substantial hard steering. I think the new Yamaha power steering system would benefit these models too.

With my '09 venture gt i hit 102gps so far with 21/39 gearing and my own clutching mod but i hit that speed really fast cause of shorter gearing

Banks93 said:

Sounds to me like your buddy just needed something to complain about with the Nytro.

He's so full of $hit his eyes are brown, if he thinks the Nytro isn't as powerful as his 600 'Doo. The Nytro may not have the top-end like the 600, but it will flat out smoke it in acceleration.

Tell him when he gets that mustard bucket back together to line up against an FX Nytro for a legit 600 ft drag & see what happens to his little 600 oil burner.

He will need to file charges against the guy with the Nytro for the A$$ raping he will get. ;):D

Back