• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex XTX slide wear

Banks93

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Since the new slides are not out yet. Is the only proven solution the Excel wheel kit?

Has any one done the wheel kit with success on the XTX?

The kit myI have on now didn't work and I was getting the slides to stick.

We have a few on some sleds and they seemed to help. Also switched a couple over to the jet black Polaris wheel from PU and that worked good.

They released 200 of the new slides the other day. Out of the 30 sets ordered we had 1 come in. Hopefully they have them the first week or two in January but I am not holding my breath yet.

2800k 1st set , 3300k 2 nd set on my xtx !!!

Ice Scratchers when extra dry , and a woody's stud in back of each ski upside down !!!

gsxr said:

Ice Scratchers when extra dry , and a woody's stud in back of each ski upside down !!!

gsxr,

Can you explain or better yet show us a picture of the stud on the ski?

Thanks

Chester

:jump: :jump: :jump:

:letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow:

gsxr said:

Those are good mileages. I wish we could do the stud deal around here more but they get chewed up in a ride. Too much tar and concrete crossing on the trails.

Slides

Just got my new slides.
They just showed up in Oshkosh, WI
They only had 4 pair ordered, but I was in early to put a set aside for me.

Let you know if they are great or are a joke and not worth it. Well..... that is if we ever get any SNOW !!

My slides are original with 3800 miles. All my sleds have worn to wear mark and usually stay right there. I always have a set on hand just in case. I do check after each ride to be sure. I run my tracks just a little lighter on track deflection and tend to ride in good conditions and always run pics to help kick up the snow dust. When I am in marginal conditions I find snow every so often and also pack snow in skid for long road crossings. They always wear to that mark then seem to hold. I am starting my 3rd season with the original slides. just my 2 cents
This might be a bad condition year so all subject to change!

I couldnt agree more mine is the same and i think people change them long before they need to be they get to the line in about 500 miles but they stay at the line forever.

Bluebullet said:
My slides are original with 3800 miles. All my sleds have worn to wear mark and usually stay right there. I always have a set on hand just in case. I do check after each ride to be sure. I run my tracks just a little lighter on track deflection and tend to ride in good conditions and always run pics to help kick up the snow dust. When I am in marginal conditions I find snow every so often and also pack snow in skid for long road crossings. They always wear to that mark then seem to hold. I am starting my 3rd season with the original slides. just my 2 cents
This might be a bad condition year so all subject to change!

So you must not be talking about the apex xtx here. Guys, the apex xtx wears slides much faster than the older apex or attaks in their OEM form

thor452 said:
I couldnt agree more mine is the same and i think people change them long before they need to be they get to the line in about 500 miles but they stay at the line forever.
Well heres my slide at 2300 miles of near perfect conditions. So clearly they don't stay at the wear line.

Attachments

• IMG_2176.JPG
    IMG_2176.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 89

Back