• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Vector GT - right grip heater failed, needs slides, maybe more

After 5 years and 3000 miles its still new, but, I strongly suggest changing the driveshaft bearing.
Bottom left hand side below the clutch.
I ride 3000 miles a year on a 12 Vector and change it every 2 seasons.
Its a dirty spot and the bearing takes on water and rusts

I let one go on my rage a few years back and it blew out on the trail. you are walking back and paying a big bill.
It takes out your speedometer when it goes. $500.00 to fix it vrs $35.00 for the bearing and you can change it in 15 minutes.

I have seen lots of guys on the trail with this bearing gone...not pretty on a Yamaha

And the Dupont slides are a great investment on these sleds

if it is the stock speedo bearing, you can pull the seals and repack it just like an idler wheel bearing. the new ones you get from yamaha and aftermarket have tin seals and are not repackable. got almost 12000 mi on the stock bearing on my 11 apex.

if it is the stock speedo bearing, you can pull the seals and repack it just like an idler wheel bearing. the new ones you get from yamaha and aftermarket have tin seals and are not repackable. got almost 12000 mi on the stock bearing on my 11 apex.

Wow Yamaha is now making bearings that you can't repack? Hope there not all this way!

just the replacement speedo one from yamaha and royal distributing (aftermarket sled pears supplier). my 2016 apex xtx still came with the rubber seals when i bought it last year.

Back