• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Yamaha XTX questions

jd97brian

I'm looking at a 2011 XTX and was wondering how everybody likes them? I'm also looking at a Skidoo renegade 800 etec. I'm kinda leaning to the Yamaha as I have an old Yamaha at the moment and have never had any problems with it but when I read about the hyfax wear and some of the front end issues(bent subframes and broken spindles) it kinda scares me. I can buy the Yamaha cheaper and the motor is trouble free where as the Skidoo etec 800 is unproven yet. I mainly just ride in ditches around home so I do like the less weight of the Skidoo. Anyway any opinions are appreciated.

y a xtx for the ditches? y not an rtx or a shorty. get a lot of snow where you are?? i have 3000 mi on my rtx and have had only ball joint issues which has been covered by warranty every time so far. will do crewchiefs bronze cups next time but overall have had no other issues with the sled. still the origanal hyfax w about half life left on them, which im shocked at considering the posts on here. Hands down funnest sled ive ever ridden but then again ive never been on a doo. been yamaha my whole life. Never had any major problems with any sled ive ever owned, exept for the viper cuz a tree got in the way..... operator error. good luck choosing tho.

Thanks for the reply. All my local dealers only have xtx's or mtx's left. I've also had a back surgery in January and another one in August so I thought maybe the xtx would ride smoother? We've had about 15-20 inches of snow here with wind so the ditches are pretty much full.

I am very happy with my xtx. Riding in ditches, side hilling has been better than expected. I was coming off a 07 F8 and that is not really a fair comparison because the F8 was really designed to a groomed trail sled, but the xtx is markedly better off trail. The adjust ability of the entire sled really helps on whatever riding you like to do.

I have an rtx and i love it. have some buddies with xtx's and they love them.

as for the hyfax wear they wear quickly down to a certain point and then last for quite a while longer. everyone just gets so nervous when they wear quickly then they almost stop wearing out for a while

as for the subframe issues that was a problem on the 08's and some 09's it is fixed by now.

go with the nytro xtx and you will be a happy snowmobiler for sure !

Bought an xtx after motorcycle crash gave me 1 new vertebra and a spinal fusion. Stand up riding is no problem with this sled. I weight about 200 w/ gear and set the rear spring to soft to reduce chatter on the trail. Regullarly ride 60 plus miles at a time standing up. Go for the xtx !

Back