• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012/13 Newberry Area Trail Conditions

Stu

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 RS Rage
12/20/2012

Well the season is officially here! The gates on the trails across private properties are opened (as of last monday-12/17). There is a small amount of snow on the ground currently, but there is a big winter storm moving in today with a possible +12 inches (+30.5 cm) of snow!! Stay tuned.
:letsnow:

12/24/2012

We certainly got the snow! It was all my little tractor could do to blow out my driveway. The groomers have been out on the trails though some of the trails are wet through the swamps still according to the TASA (Tahquamenon Area Snowmobile Association) website. Things look good so far.

Mad Russian said:
How much snow is on the ground right now ? thanks :)

+/- 10 to 18 inches (25 to 46 cm), though it may be as little as 4 inches (10 cm) and as much as 3 feet (90cm) in some places due to drifting!

12/28/2012

The good news is, we haven't lost any snow since last report, but the bad news is we haven't gained any either. There have been quite a few sleds through the area so the trails are definitely showing some wear. There is "talk" of some more snow coming but it doesn't sound like large amounts.

1/8/2013

Well, things don't look too good right now. We had a warm front come through with extremely strong southwest winds. Some spots have been stripped bare of snow, leaving large snow drifts here and there. The worst is that it is warm (above freezing) and sunny and they are talking RAIN for the weekend!! W T H ?!? :o|

How much snow survived the heat wave? Thinking about coming up this upcoming weekend if it snows enough this week. Is there any ice left on the lakes?

Not much, but they did get a little fresh. They need more for sure. Should be good in a week or 2.

01/15/2013

Sorry about the lack of activity, I've been busy with non-sledding related items (which is just as well considering our snow conditions).
We are hurting! We lost nearly all of our snow during the big warm up last weekend and the trails are mostly dirt. Fortunately colder temperatures are back and are predicted to stay for quite a while. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of snow predicted in the near future. I'll report again when I get some good news (hopefully not too long).

01/18/2013

You'll have to forgive my lack of optimisim in my previous post, the weather "fortune tellers" have been less than accurate as of late; big wind ups, no pitch. That being said, they did predict some snow but I didn't realize that we were actually going to get some good accumulation. We currently have about 6" (15 cm) on the ground and it's still coming! HOWEVER...WE HAVE NO BASE! Most of it melted durning the warm up and what didn't is hard as a rock.

Attachments

• 100_2528_W.jpg
    100_2528_W.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_2527_W.jpg
    100_2527_W.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 222

Back