• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012/13 Newberry Area Trail Conditions

April 1st is the typical deadline and I know the DNR stopped grooming as of March 31 so I'm guessing they DID NOT extent it (they have on occasion in years past). I'll have to look as I go by tonight, but I believe the gates across private are closed, meaning from Newberry to County Road 446 (Silver Creek Staging area) is pretty much out of commission. The trails will probably be starting to get rough, but off-trail is still pretty good.

I was mistaken, the gates are still open (there may be too much snow to close them). This means it is still possible to get to and from Newberry to points north but they have stopped grooming so the trails will be getting rough. On a brighter note, we haven't had much in the way of melting lately (we've actually seen a little new snow). They are talking higher temps coming but it still looks like it's getting down below freezing at night for the next week or so at least. We're gunna be in a slow melt down for a while anyway...

4/12/2013

As of yesterday (4/11), the gates were finally closed across the private portions of the trail headed in to Newberry. We STILL have lots of snow and just got another 4-8 inches (10-20 cm) of snow last night. I know we have gotten more snow overall in past winters, but we've NEVER had this much snow still on the ground this late in the season!

4/27/2013

Well I think its official, there's more bare ground than snow now. Man, we had a hell of a run this year though! See you next year!

Back