• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Mountain sleds

revster said:
mtdream said:
well, I have it on VERY good word...it is lighter than Nytro...and from people who have ridden them (yes Wolf where we were going to take you) it is VERY similar ride to M sled...

Much lower center of Gravity...and yes, this is a flatlander sled (short track) but there is a mountain version also...

I'll take a 1100 turbo in a 141" sno pro! I've never had a cat, all the more reason to try one. Thanks for posting the pic!!

x2!

But I would have to think long and hard about the 1100 or a 800, I love my 4 stroke but I also really like there 800

rlcofmn said:
revster said:
mtdream said:
well, I have it on VERY good word...it is lighter than Nytro...and from people who have ridden them (yes Wolf where we were going to take you) it is VERY similar ride to M sled...

Much lower center of Gravity...and yes, this is a flatlander sled (short track) but there is a mountain version also...

I'll take a 1100 turbo in a 141" sno pro! I've never had a cat, all the more reason to try one. Thanks for posting the pic!!

x2!

But I would have to think long and hard about the 1100 or a 800, I love my 4 stroke but I also really like there 800

I'm learning that having an engine that will last forever is pointless if the chassis is going to fall apart around it. Which brings me back to flipping sleds every couple years, which brings me to why not just get a 2-stroke then..... this is how my brain works :drink:

Really hope that Artic Cat will enter the mountain segment with a 4s and also hope they will produce e very good sled and sell lots of unit so, maybe, also Yamaha will wake up.

A good competition is good for customers!

WolfOne said:
Really hope that Artic Cat will enter the mountain segment with a 4s and also hope they will produce e very good sled and sell lots of unit so, maybe, also Yamaha will wake up.

A good competition is good for customers!

X2!!!!

Yamaha can do it...

but when will they? :o|

Nikolai said:
tylerj907 said:
Nikolai said:
I like where yamaha is going dont get me wrong, i just hate how long it is taking them to get there.

This about sums it up for me. Even if I bought a 2012 Cat, I'd go back to yamaha as soon as they brought out a better mountain sled. The reliability and build quality can't be beat. That being said, the only 2-stroke sled I'd even consider buying would be an Arctic Cat 800.

I can't believe you dont want a freeride 146. That would be the perfect sled for what you do. Beefy tunnel! Great Shocks!! and the best 2 stroke motor ever!!!!! I love mine. After selling my nytro i didn't know what i was going to do and then i lucked into a summit x 146 etec and it is so awesome!!!! You need a 2012 Freeride 146!!!!!

XP's just don't fit me well but I haven't been on a 2011 to see how the newer ones handle. Plus the Freeride weighs over 480 lbs, but I guess durability has to have a weight penalty.

At 480lbs. It's still lighter than a nytro that you have a million Hours into!!! I totally understand that the xp's arent for everyone. but i still think if you can ride a nytro you can ride a xp better and easier in every way! They are way easier to ride!!! Plus you can put a can on it and save almost 15lbs and there are some other little custom things i am sure you would do to it!! But my reason for it is that freeride chassis is already so beefy that you wouldn't have to worry about jumping it off anything you want to!!! and the power is great!!!

Ty

arguing about XP vs. Nytro is like arguing Peanut Butter and Jelly vs. Ham and Cheese....both are good sandwiches but both are radically different...

The XP free ride is a decent sled...The Nytro is a decent sled...

both have their issues...

If you can solve the front suspension issue on the Nytros....(hint this is not a small issue) then you have a KILLER machine...

Getting weight off a Nytro is easy....Getting a sled reliable is not...If you trade your sleds every two years, this is not an issue...

If like Nikolai, Otis, me, etc. you generally keep your sleds for longer than 2 years....this becomes a big issue...

However, as Papa Wolf said...Competition will raise the bar...

The fact is there are LOADS of different people wanting different things...Personally I love leanring and playing with sleds to see where I can get them...However, I also HATE worrying about getting out of the backcountry....So, for me, it is 4 stroke...as any other tweak can be patched, limped, or repaired while in the back country...

With my Nytro, I have broken about everything on it 3 times...However, all the things I broke, were my fault, not from faulty or gimmick manufacturing tricks to save weight...

I remember breaking the Rox Riser in half while "cruising" through the trees :) (was wit the designer of it)....Then later while "testing" some new boost settings and the new bumper....did the pic below....

RearTUnnelMedium.jpg

SkinzBumperMedium.jpg

spindleaxleMedium.jpg

The Nytro has (IMHO) 3 Primary issues:

1- Geometry up front is all out of whack....needs to be fixed (shhh dont tell anyone but this is being resolved by ONE company)

2- The Oil Tank is a big issue...both getting broken from laying the sled over, and from spilling out when sled is not upright...

3- needs to be a thinner width in the chassis, so when you are laying it over, your not pushing on the panels (which exacerbates #2)

If they solve these three, or the aftermarket does, it is an unstoppable, HIGHLY capable mountain sled....'

mtdream said:
The Nytro has (IMHO) 3 Primary issues:

1- Geometry up front is all out of whack....needs to be fixed (shhh dont tell anyone but this is being resolved by ONE company)

2- The Oil Tank is a big issue...both getting broken from laying the sled over, and from spilling out when sled is not upright...

3- needs to be a thinner width in the chassis, so when you are laying it over, your not pushing on the panels (which exacerbates #2)

Ah my nytro has a 4th issue ... His rider ;):D

Nah, I think the sled RAN from you, as it was scared...It was like a Wild Mustang, and wanted to be set free...

mtdream said:
Nah, I think the sled RAN from you, as it was scared...It was like a Wild Mustang, and wanted to be set free...
any timeline on that front suspension talk? can the little birdie tweet anymore?

I need a new front suspension, and I need to start saving my nickels.. ha ha

ruffryder said:
mtdream said:
any timeline on that front suspension talk? can the little birdie tweet anymore?

I need a new front suspension, and I need to start saving my nickels.. ha ha

No hints...have to wait a couple weeks or so...It WILL be worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back