• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Nypex?

jaydaniels said:
scott32 said:
The leak is out that there is more to come after Cats release. I strongly believe it will be the Apex motor in the Nytro chassis. There are no SE models for the flat landers or in the mountain section. If you look at the new design seat( to fit the EXUP ) for the nytros and addition of 8 tooth drivers to support the extra HP. Yamaha has done motor chassis swaps year after year. Accually, for as long as they have produced sleds. look back at the previous years models and progression. Same chassis and different motor through the ages. This is my best guess, but Sno west has confirmed, it ain't over yet. I hope you all have your doo's spring checked by this release date too, Bob Downer, Nay SAyers. ;)! Scott[

Where exactly did Sno-West confirm this? I'm curious to read the article.

www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260096

scott32 said:
jaydaniels said:
Maybe this is what everyone is talking about.

http://www.diamond-smfg.com/Nypex.html

Nope, There has been a few guys putting the apex motor in the nytro chassis as well as the nytro in the phazer. I'm talking about a production model released from Yamaha shortly after Arctic Cats release on March 8th. Remeber guys the nytro x-tx was a late release.... ;)! :yam: :4STroke:

Acctully the xtx was an early release. They showed it off prior to the rest of the new lineup.

dirkdiggler said:
scott32 said:
jaydaniels said:

Nope, There has been a few guys putting the apex motor in the nytro chassis as well as the nytro in the phazer. I'm talking about a production model released from Yamaha shortly after Arctic Cats release on March 8th. Remeber guys the nytro x-tx was a late release.... ;)! :yam: :4STroke:

Acctully the xtx was an early release. They showed it off prior to the rest of the new lineup.

Eithert way Dirk, it was single sled release not with the others. I'm not saying this will be the do-all sled but it makes sense as far Yamahas history in the form models released to date.

It doesn't matter what comes out all you guys will still be whining that its not as good and it should be and it should have this motor in it with that chassis, and that chassis with that motor. ;)!

scott32 said:
dirkdiggler said:
scott32 said:
jaydaniels said:

Eithert way Dirk, it was single sled release not with the others. I'm not saying this will be the do-all sled but it makes sense as far Yamahas history in the form models released to date.

Hey I'd be happy to see something different. I highly doubt Yamaha will release something else.

I don't think Yam needs to redesign there motors to loose weight. The 4 Tec motor weighs more than the Apex motor by a pretty good margin....the Chassis is where the weight comes into play. The first thing I would do is get rid of the rear exit exhaust...

I doubt Yamaha would replace the Nytro engine with one that was basically the same displacment and heavier, they could do mods to the current engine and equal or better the Apex engine output and keep reliability.

mj

The release of the 2011 Apex was about this new " game changer", with a taller, narrower seat design and a new sound exiting the rear. The sound was described as " WOW, and AWESOME". Well these similarities with the mystery sled from the photo shoot are too much alike for me not guess this. If it's not a Nypex then the Apex Mountain is back. But then why redesign the nytro seat, and add 8T extros. Something is up for sure because Yammi keeps there parts similar with likeness models..

they better have something up there sleeve. this is bad azz!!!

Attachments

• montana20242.jpg
    montana20242.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 242

Back