• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Nypex?

low slung said:
What parts of that 2012 kitty did they remove weight from to mask that slow reving,obsolete poor excuse for a four-stroke sled :jump: .

So 122mph stock right out of the box isnt fast enough for you ? ? But thats right yours do like 135 with the speedo being over 20 off, which by the way is pathetic for a $14K sled

That's an instant classic, right there. Someone mark that $hit down.

7 skulls said:
spike337 said:
^^^You mean the one faster then any Yamaha built?

If top speed matters that much to ya just pull a Wile Coyote and strap a rocket motor to a wash tub. That should get ya just about as far as your average arctic cat before it falls apart. :drink:
Seriously though, I liked AC in the days of the ZRs but Yamaha needs a competitors sled to push them forward. Sadly, what's pictured above isn't it.

09nytro said:
dirkdiggler said:
they better have something up there sleeve. this is bad azz!!!
Whats so bad #*$&@ about that

That's a turbo four stroke in a rev chassis basically. I know it's 75 pounds lighter then this years. Tell me you wouldn't want a apex motor kicked back and lowered in the chassis with 75 pounds dropped off it.

It might be a turbo 4 stroke but they sound like a tractor. I was at an ice drag with a friend who is not an avid sledder, and when a Z1 Turbo went down the track he turned and said "That thing sounds like s---, I wonder what's wrong with it." LOL.

rydblue said:
It might be a turbo 4 stroke but they sound like a tractor. I was at an ice drag with a friend who is not an avid sledder, and when a Z1 Turbo went down the track he turned and said "That thing sounds like s---, I wonder what's wrong with it." LOL.

Ya i used to say the same thing. Now I watch the tractor as you call it whip up on all challengers. Who cares how it sounds if it's fun to ride and it's fast. you know i used to love the sound of my SRX with a bender can to. Guess what I lost power with that bender can But hey I sounded cool.

Last time I checked my Apex is fun to ride and fast also. I think you lost the argument there. That's like comparing a John Deere to a Ferrari.

rydblue said:
Last time I checked my Apex is fun to ride and fast also. I think you lost the argument there. That's like comparing a John Deere to a Ferrari.

Really fast compared to what. And don't forget i owned a 2006 and a 2011. With light mods the Apex sees nothing but tail lights. The 2006 was fun to ride until you had a 2 foot bump or bigger. The 2011 apex is very nice. That being said why do you have to rip on the sound of the Z1 to justify your yamaha?

I've never had any problems with hitting bumps of any size. Not sure where you are aiming that comment. Last time I checked the Z1 Turbo is no lightweight ditch banger. In fact I'm pretty sure it is heavier than an Apex. Just sayin'!

rydblue said:
I've never had any problems with hitting bumps of any size. Not sure where you are aiming that comment. Last time I checked the Z1 Turbo is no lightweight ditch banger. In fact I'm pretty sure it is heavier than an Apex. Just sayin'!

Teh Z1 is 15 pounds heavier then a standard 2011 apex and the exact same weight as the 2011 apex XTX. The 2012 Z1 is 75 pound lighter then the 2011. So not only does it make more power but it's 75 pounds lighter then a 2012 xtx apex and 60 pounds lighter then a standard.

Listen I owed two apexs so don't tell me how they ride. I also owned a 2009 fx nytro rtx se. that sled takes bumps. the Apex not so much. I've also ridden an Z1 have you?

People like you have no clue. You sit here and run a sled in the ground that you've never owned and never ridden.

I used to be like you. Everything else sucked beucase of XYZ reason and Yamaha was always better. but guess what those days are over. Until Yamaha steps up, there stuff is just plain OUTDATED. I'm sorry your to blinded by the blue to see it. People like you allow Yamaha to sit on there azz and do nothing.

Back