• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Possible fix for Hyfax issues

I can hear it already, when someone wants to order this new hyfax, they'll get this response: "Sorry Mr./Mrs. _______, but that hyfax is out of stock until the end of the season."

I think Yamaha should give all of us 2011 people a free set of these new hyfax. Since I am on my third set in 1500 miles. :o|

They are just putting the high performance wide slides on all of their sleds at the factory. That is a good thing, as IMHO they are the real deal.

All they need to do is put larger wheels on the sleds. New improved hifax? C'mon. It is not the hifax...it is the wheels.....

vector06 said:
All they need to do is put larger wheels on the sleds. New improved hifax? C'mon. It is not the hifax...it is the wheels.....

I agree 200%

I put larger diameter Polaris wheels on my '06 Apex MTX along with machined mounts on the inside of my rails for inboard Polaris wheels and and my hyfax have finally quit dissolving with every ride. :Rockon:

I don't have any issues with the Hyfax, I just reused to change them when they looked worn out at 500 miles and I'm now at the 1,800 mile mark on them and they haven't worn any further. Hell I went on a rid elast weekend on the Iced up trails and had to take it easy because a Doo and a Poo in our group had worn through there slides and I though mine would be toast too, NOPE, still good.

I've always rode a whole season or more on all mine!
RXs, Attaks & LTXs have never changed them fast, just ride & they are fine!
It cracks me up to hear all these people bitching, 200 miles, 500 miles, its all bs, just ride them, they will be fine!
They wear to a point and then stop!
I've lost 50 lbs now, but for many seasons was over 300 lbs too!

We have 7 in our group & all the same!

BR

Two ways to extend the life of your hyfax:

1.) Install larger Kimpex aftermarket wheels (~$150). They have been on my sled for nearly 5,000 miles, with only one blowing out during that stretch.

2.) When your stock Ripsaw needs replacement, use a fully clipped track with each window open.

With these two additions, my hyfax basically do not wear despite riding on less than perfect conditions on many occasions (thin snow, roads, snirt, etc). The current set has 3,200 miles on them and still have 2/3 left on them. I expect them to last through the 2011-12 season. Since installing the Kimpex idlers, I have changed slides only once in 6,000 miles (most of that stretch was with original track too).

on the stock ripsaw,the one with every third hole closed,slp sells anti wear pads that bolt like a stud to the rubber so you have steel against hyfax instead of rubber against hyfax,they help some,been running those on my last 2 sleds and slide wear is a non issue with me,its been said a million times,THEY WEAR FAST THAN STOP

Back