• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 XTX Suspension VS 07 Attak

brada

Veteran
Hey guys,

I found a heck of a deal on a 12 Apex XTX with 1,000 miles. I have been riding a 2007 Attak.

My question is this, what if anything should I do to the suspension? My concern is that I am 360lbs with gear. On the Attak I had Half Baked put their beef up kit on the suspension arms and put the Megafloat shock in. I ran that shock with about 200psi and absolutely loved it. Never bottomed out and was by far the most comfortable sled I've ever ridden - nothing like riding on air.

I had no intentions of going away from the monoshock suspension but the deal was just too good to pass up.

Will the suspension hold up to a good beating? Are there reinforcements done to arms like there are done on the mono skid? Are the shocks/springs good to go or should I look at revalve and heavier springs?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you have! Brad

I know there's less chance of breaking a drive shaft! I have a 2004 Warrior, broken drive shaft at 10K miles, replaced it myself, I also have a 2011 Apex and the driveshaft is obviously beefier! I believe they replaced it in 2009! It's no fun breaking a driveshaft 120 miles away from the Motel, especially in Quebec, it cost me $400 to have it brought back to the Motel we were staying at by one of the local thieves up there :o|

I have had a 06, 08 and 2011 monoshock apexs and now in my second season on my 2012 xtx apex, mucn better for big bumps, increased traction as well.

Back