• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Yamaha's

Rumor is no Yamaha sleds in a couple years and going for more market share in the water craft side. Anyone hear that? lol.

the rumor about a vector with a phazer motor is more than a rumor - i've talked to two yamaha reps that mentioned this sled configuration - not sure if it's coming out but it's on the wish list from the rep side at least.

If the Vec was a hundred lbs lighter i think it'd be a great traditional style entry level type sled.

woolyviper said:
the rumor about a vector with a phazer motor is more than a rumor - i've talked to two yamaha reps that mentioned this sled configuration - not sure if it's coming out but it's on the wish list from the rep side at least.

Wouldn't that be like going backwards instead of the obvious?

I'll harbour a guess that some sleds will give you the option of a prestudded track (Ice Ripper XT). Remember, there was a poll on Sled Talk about this a while ago.

Heard they were getting out of sleds entirely also. Hope its just a dumb rumor. Otherwise it would really suck.

Bigblue1 said:
Heard they were getting out of sleds entirely also. Hope its just a dumb rumor. Otherwise it would really suck.

As long as Yamaha sells other powersports equipment they will keep their sled division alive for the sake of keeping brand loyalty across the lines.

I'm ready for a > new radical chassis to better balance the machine,i know yamaha is capable-its about time.we do have the heaviest engines in the snowmobile world.wonder if they could lay the engines low and horizontal? 2012 is here in no-time,a few things will pop-out i think..

I agree. We all know what yamaha can do but can they do it economically. I would love to see something that could stick it to ski-doo on the weight front. (only 30lbs difference between 800 etech motor and nytro motor).
When big-Y went fourstroke, the subsequent price increase allowed other manufacturers to raise their prices as well. Ski-doo had figured a money making business model with the rev even before that advantage and now have increased it with the xp. Yamaha is fighting from the financial low ground.
Power steering, exup, 4-stroke motors, are all efforts to spread development costs to their other powersports line-ups. Whatever 2012 brings, it will be more of the same.
Yamaha has the engineering expertise to crush BRP but can they do it on the balance sheet where snowmobiles are concerned.

I am very interested to see what they got, although I don't expect much. They've always been happy with mediocre, but look at the quality we get compared to a couple other brands. I work on locals sleds through the winter to fund my habits and they are always wondering why theirs is broke down and I'm out riding on the weekends. All babling aside, I hope the phazer dont go anywhere. I'd like to see them beef the motor up, put boost on out of the crate and put it 475-490 lbs with a 153".

A two cylinder Nytro engine in the Phazer maybe? That would be a 700 without gear reduction.
I still think the Phazer is a fun sled but it shouldn’t be so heavy.
If I remember correctly the Phazer weight 560 fully fueled and my Nytro XTX is 600. Those numbers tells me that it should be possible to shed some weight from the Phazer by going to a two cylinder engine without gear reduction and remove the electric reverse. Some other areas where weigth is removed should also be possible.

Back