• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 apex fuel pump

vx700xtc

Expert
started, ran for a few minutes, died. No fuel pump, only getting 10v at fuel pump. Makes funny clicking sounds up front when key is turned on. Any ideas?

still crank over? sounds like the front solenoid or bad relay. could be a ground issue too.

Cranks over fine, but no fuel pump. Harness at fuel pump getting 10v. Is front solenoid by the battery? Thats where the clicking comes from.

battery is at same voltage?

sounds like ice or corrosion in one of the connectors or relays.

12.5V at the fuel pump relay, but only 7.5V at fuel pump connector. Does the wire from relay go straight to the pump, or does it go thru more devices??

i would think it would go right to the pump.

Look at the wiring diagram. It looks to me that it goes from the fuel injection sys relay to the fuel pump and the injectors. Check the voltage at your injectors.

Check your relay in the foot well if you touch one of the wires with a dummy tester it will click and you can start hearing the pump work. If this happens it is most likely the relay next to the battery. After weeks of diagnosing mine(and soldering the ground blocks together) I finally found out it was the relay next to the battery.

Video below shows you how to test the relay or you can go to the nearest dealership and they can test it for you. Local Poo dealer helped me.

Back